Prolouge: The Beginning

I slept peacefully in my bed, until I heard a little voice whisper my name and feel someone crawl on top of me. "Elsa? Wake up wake up wake up!" my little sister, Anna, shook me.

"Anna," I mumbled. "Go back to sleep." She sighed and turned to face the ceiling and laid on me. "I just can't. The sky's awake, so I'm awake. And we have to play."

I gave a small laugh and said, "go play by yourself," and pushed her off the bed. She landed with a thump on the floor and I curled back up with my sheets.

I tried getting back to sleep, until Anna crawled back on me and opened my left eye. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

That I couldn't resist and guiltily, I opened my eyes. Next thing I knew, Anna was pulling me down the stairs saying, "come on come on come on!"

I tried shushing her so our parents wouldn't hear, but she wouldn't shut up.

We ran into the ballroom and quietly shut the doors. Anna grabbed my hand and ran to the middle of the room.

"Do the magic," she protested. "Do the magic." I smiled and started creating a snowball in my hand. It wasn't really on my hand more like above it.

Anna stared at it in wonder and I asked, "ready?" She nodded, the snowball glowing in the reflection of her eyes. I smiled and threw the snowball into the air, making it explode and snow came falling down.

"This is amazing!" Anna yelled and laughed, running around in a circle. I bent down to her and said, "watch this," and I stomped my foot on the ground, making it turn to ice.

Anna laughed, sliding away along with the ice.

We played for a while. We built a snowman like she had asked and I told her to go sit on a chair. She obeyed and I put a carrot for the nose and two sticks for the arms. I saw her peaking and decided to turn the snowman around. I went behind it, got its stick arms and did a low voice.

"Hi I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs." Anna laughed and ran up to hit, hugging it. "I love you Olaf."

She grabbed the stick arms away from me and tried pulling it on the ice. I laughed and put my back to it and helped her pull it. I used my magic to help us slide around.

We took a break and we ran up a small snow hill and I put my legs around her and grabbed her waist. We slid down the small hill and Anna muttered, "tickle bumps." We came to the end and Anna pushed herself off the ground and landed in another little snow bank.

I got up from the snow and went in front of the snow hill just in time to see Anna rise back from her jump and throw some snow in the air.

She jumped and I made another bank. She kept jumping higher and higher. "Faster," she yelled and jumped a bit faster. Then faster.

My smile faded. "Hang on," I said and next thing I knew I was on the ground and looked up just in time to see Anna jump into the air.

I gasped. "Anna!" and I threw snow at her and it struck her in the face. She made a small noise and smashed into a snow bank. She slid on the ice and I quickly got up and ran to her.

"Anna," I whispered. I lifted her up in my arms and saw a strand of her strawberry blonde hair turn platinum blonde. "Mama! Papa!"

I held her in my arms and heard something behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see everything turn to ice. Olaf crumbled to the ground as the ice went beneath him and up on the walls.

I turned around and squeezed Anna, who was unconscious. "It's okay Anna, I got you." I heard banging on the doors and they burst open, revealing my mother and father.

"Elsa," my father gasped. "What have you done? This is getting out of hand," he said as he and my mother ran towards Anna and I.

"It was an accident," I told them. "I'm sorry Anna." They knelt down and my mother took Anna from my hands. She gasped. "She's ice cold." My father's face was serious as he said, "I know where we have to go."

My mother, holding an unconscious Anna, took my hand and lead me to the stables, where the horses stayed. My father helped me on a horse, my mother with Anna going in front of me. My father got another horse and we rode off. As we rode out of the palace, I left a trail of ice behind me.

It was a long ride to wherever my father was taking us. We almost ran into a little boy riding what looked like a moose. They passed just as we did.

We finally came to where my father wanted to go and we jumped off the horses, walking to the middle of a small looking field. I stayed close to my dad as he yelled, "please, someone help us."

All of a sudden, rocks started rolling down hills and they turned out to be trolls. "The king!" someone gasped. Another troll rolled in. He looked older than the others and he came up to me and grabbed my hand. "Your majesty. Born with the powers? Or cursed?" He asked my father and he answered, "born."

The troll nodded and let go of my hand, which started to shake. I tried hiding it as best I could.

He walked over to my mother and asked her to bend down so he could look at Anna.

She did as told and he placed his hand on her forehead. He pulled it away and said, "your just lucky it wasn't her heart. The heart is not so easily changed. But the head can be persuaded." "Do what you must," my father told him.

I watched as he basically grabbed the memories out of Anna's head and showed them to us. It was what had happened earlier tonight. "I recommend we remove all magic. Even memories of magic."

He started changing her memories of us playing in the ball room together in our pajamas and made it seem like we played outside, in our winter clothes.

Once he was done he grabbed them and placed it back in her head. "Don't worry, I'll leave the fun," he said while placing it back in. Anna's sad expression turned into a happy one.

The troll sighed and said, "she'll be okay."

I couldn't help it and stepped forward. "But she won't remember I have powers?" My father touched my shoulder lightly. "It's for the best."

The troll waved his hand and motioned me to step closer to him. "Listen to me, Elsa. Your power will only grow." He reached his hands up in the sky and a blue image of older me showed up, making ice sculptures and beautiful things.

"There is beauty," he told me. The older me made a snowflake above her head. "But also great danger," and the snowflake became a pinkish-purplish colour. I gasped.

"You must learn to control it," he continued. "Fear, will be your enemy." And the sculptures older me had made turned the same colour the snowflake had and basically attacked me. I gasped again and hugged my father with fright.

"She can learn to control it," my father told the troll and my mother. "But, till then, we lock the gates of the palace. Eliminate her contact with people and keep her powers hidden from everyone."

My father looked down at me and sighed. "Including Anna."