01 | abandoned theater

[CHAPTER ONE]

~~~~❁~~~~

*RADIO STATIC* "And now we will play our all time favorite jam from the Jefferson Airplanes, here on 101.6 the 70's station."

The soft but uplifting beat filled the car, where a woman was driving down an empty highway. The windows were rolled down and the wind blew her dark brown hair into the wind. Dark brown eyes scoped the road, seeing no cars in any direction, before the woman decided to speed up down the highway, to get to her destination a bit faster.

"Awe yeah," the woman said as a big smile adored her face, and her knuckles tightened around the steering wheel once more in pure happiness.

The young woman stroked the steering wheel before leaning forward and patting the top of the dashboard as she said a bit loudly, "Come on Bee, turn it up!"

The car's engine revved up some, before the radio's volume turned upwards without the driver having to touch the knob.

"Woah. Come on Bee sing with me," the woman cheered as she began to drum the beat of the song along the edge of the steering wheel.

"Don't you want somebody to love, don't you need somebody to love, wouldn't you like somebody to love!"

The woman, along with another robotic sounding voice sang along with the radio, happiness in their voices and excitement within the atmosphere. Though the happy-go-lucky moment was ruined as another emotionless robotic voice entered and interrupted their singing fest.

"In 0.5 miles make a turn into right exit."

Startled, the woman gasped a bit before she looked over to the passenger side and saw that the GPS guide was on and telling her the right course to her final destination. She swiftly read the screen before turning her eyes up on the road to see the upcoming exit she was suppose to take next.

"Well Bee," the woman said referring to the car she was currently driving, "Guess we are almost there right?"

A various sounds of happy chirps and whirring came in response to the woman's question, making her chortle lightly to herself, knowing that the machine was just as ecstatic as she was to reach her destination.

~~~~❁~~~~

Ever since she entered Texas, Daisy Witwicky knew one thing for sure. It was blazing hot there. Daisy was not use to such temperatures like the one she was enduring at the moment. That's why she thought if she stopped by an ice cream parlor, a sweet dairy treat will cool her down before the raging temperature increased.

So as she sat inside of her car, licking away at the strawberry ice cream cone she had, Daisy prayed that the temperature would drop at least during the nighttime. She could not sleep in this intense heat, it would be such a bother for her. But Daisy had to keep those thoughts at bay as she had bigger problems to deal with at the moment.