chapter 1

Dear grandfather,

Honor, justice, freedom, love, and revenge. Some of the reasons people become assassins, but that isn’t the case for me apparently.

I, Thatcher Kenway, am a pirate, as you should know. In the beginning I questioned myself why? Why do I fight?

Well, I was called to do it. And apparently I am the last one in my line.

Mother jenny had told me that when she found me abandoned she couldn’t help but feel pity. My father was stoned to death for being a native, my mother burned because apparently the whites can never mix with the natives.

My parents knew it would be bound to happen someday. So they wrote a letter to who ever found me. And that’s where you and jenny come in.

She brought me to you in hopes that you will train me, and you did. And for that I owe you my gratitude.

Thank you so very much, but now my hunt for Templars begins.

Thus meaning I have moved out of jenny’s place and placed myself in the island of Nassau.

I hear about rebellion in America, I’m to sail to Boston today to find someone of the name ratonhake:ton there

I’m only sixteen. I don’t think I can do this. But if you were here you’d be scolding me on how assassins have no fear.

I fear my ‘uncle’ Haytham will find out about me, hopefully not.

Thank you for reading grandfather.

With utmost sincerity here in Nassau,

Thatcher.

I stepped on the ship with my right foot first.

Two months of pure sea, trust me when I say I’ve done much longer.

I walked and greeted the crew while looking out into the horizon.

I am not to be seen by him, only to be there when he needs help, and flee the scene like a ghost.

This will either be easier or harder than I thought. I believe both.

*****.::.*****

YEAH FIRST CHAPTER!! thank y'all so much if you read and voted!

p.s. thatcher is a girl