Chapter One; The Story

Your grandmother always told you about things called, the sprites. They're blue spheres with a big blue eye and butterfly wings. Grandma told you stories about how they're spirit guides, and guide you through a a pure path. She talked about how they only came to people with bad lives. How you could hear their wings buzz, faster than a humming bird's. They glow when they speak, and could kill a man with a glare. They may be guides, but they're mischievous, and like to pull pranks all day. You always wished they were real, they sounded like fun.

"Corie, dear, it's time for school!," Your mother called, snapping you out of your daydream. You sighed, and got up, leaving your basement dwelling. You grabbed your bag, hugged your mom goodbye, and left the house. You were wearing your usual tank top and Jean shorts. It was always warm where you live. As you were walking to school you met up with your best friend, Jasper.

Jasper, and you, often talked about the sprites. Jasper would talk about how he heard buzzing, and swore he saw them. You talked about mythical creatures, and all that business. You both loved things like that. "Yo, Cor, new discovery!," Jasper called out to you. That always means he found a new creature to obsess over. You smiled and clapped, "great! What now? Demons? Horses?" He shook his head to both and smiled, "nope! Skin walkers. They steal the appearance of who they kill and use it to kill more people" you playfully rolled your eyes at his excitement.

Finally, your bus came. Once you got on, you sat near the front with Jasper. You were the outcasts, so you to didn't really like crowds. You got a few glares once you entered the bus, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Your name is Corie Latinn, and you're just an average girl. An average gril who's life is about to change