Austin (Chapter 1)

New school? Whatever. I knew in a couple of weeks I would own this place. My parents tried to make me feel good but I didn't really care. We lived in New York too long. It was too cold, too violent, too overdone. So to Miami we went.

I walked into the class and was the last one in. Oh well. I scanned the room and the only open seat was next to the most beautiful girl. I could tell she wasn't popular but she was the perfect picture of an angel smile on a magazine. I stared her down until I found the teacher pushing me into the seat next to her. I tried to play cool but this girl was seriously, just, wow. She looked at me and nodded. Shy guy, huh? So I made the first move.

"Hi, I'm Austin Moon" She nodded again, still trapped in the book in her hands. Honestly the only thing that annoyed me about her was that she was reading when the supreme picture of awesomeness was right next to her, flirting with her.

I kept looking at her until she finally said, "Ally Dawson" I stored her name in my brain for safe keeping.

"Nice to meet you," I said, then in my head, 'I think we could be great friends' I smile the other way from her, her head deep in her book.

"Okay?" the teacher was saying. Someone raised their hand. "Yes?" He pointed to the kid waving his hand.

"Forever?"

"Yes," the teacher said, "these will be your assigned seats until the end of the year."