One day

KATE'S POV

I was so happy when Grayson came and told me he was taking Jenny somewhere far.
She needed some time to be happy.
She needed some time with Grayson.
"What are you thinking about?" Ethan asked me.
"I'm just really glad Grayson and Jenny left. They really need some alone time"
"I'm really happy they left too because now I can have you all to myself"
"Ethan! I didn't mean it that way" I laughed. Even though I didn't feel like it.
There was too much on my mind to think about stuff like that.

"Oh come on! I missed you" he said while looking at me with those unresistable eyes.
"Stop it Eth"
"Come here" he started moving towards me.
"Nope" I ran away trying to mess with him.
"I'm going to catch you and you know I will"
"I'm too fast for you asshelmet"
"Like heck you are!"
"Wanna bet?"
"Hell yeah"
"If you catch me you get a kiss. If you don't I can tease you anytime I want to"
"That's not fair"
"It is fair"
"Then I have to do my best to get that kiss"
"Hit me with your best shot" I laughed.

I started running accross the house as he followed trying to keep up with me.
"You're too slow" I shouted.
"I'm just warming up"
"Ha! Comedy"
I was laughing so hard my knees started to weaken but I did the best I could to run fast. I didn't want him to win because he would never have stopped teasing me about it!

And suddenly all those thoughts about Jenny's sickness started to rush to my head. And I found my self standing still as Ethan wrapped his arms around me and spun me around so my face was close to his.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"How did you?" I didn't notice he caught up to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Never better" I didn't want to ruin the moment.
"Can I get my kiss now?"
"Nope" I said as I sprinted to my room.
"Damn my girl is fast" I heard him say as he ran after me.
I stepped into the room and he was already behind me. He caught me by the waist and slammed his lips againt mine.
His lips were so warm. His touch so gentle. I wanted us to stay like this forever.
"You know I'm going to marry you one day right?"
"Oh really?"
"Yes. And I'm going to be the best husband ever"
"I know you will"
He leaned in.
"Let me have you for the night" he whispered.
"You already do" I whispered back.

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of his hand brushing against my cheek.
"Kat"
"Yeah?" I replied my eyes half closed.
"Do you think Grayson will be able to get over the fact that he may never be able to spend his life with Jenny?"
The question hurt me as I thought about the fact that Jenny may not be able to marry Grayson. To have kids. To have a family with him.
That was her dream. And it may never come true.
"I don't know Eth. I don't know"
"I wish there was something we could do"
"There isn't a minute that goes by without me wishing the same"
"Life is unfair"
"It never was"

I was making some breakfast when my phone rang.
"Jenny!" I shouted. "How are you? Where are you? Are you having fun? Are you okay?"
"Kat don't worry about me please. I'm great! Guess where I am!"
"Where??"
"Rome"
"No way"
"I swear I feel like screaming! I'm so happy I'm gonna cry" she continued
"Oh kat I wish you were here! we would have had so much fun" I knew she was tearing up. And so was I.
"I love you so much Jenny. You need some time alone with Grayson but I promise you. When you come back I'm not going to let you out of my sight. I'm gonna be stuck to you like someone glued us together"
"I'm so lucky to have you" she said.
"Please have fun. Enjoy every minute"
"While I can. Right?" She whispered through the phone.

I just wish. I just wish you had a normal life.

Until next chapter!
PEACE🤘