Chapter 07 : A Concerned Boyfriend

'Whatever you heard, that's true. Someone's following me wherever I go, past week. It makes me unsafe. I didn't bother you since Purvi was by my side. She will be leaving for Sydney soon this week. New project, you know' Tara shared information with Rishi.

'Are you nuts? Why are you sharing this piece of information with me? This habit of yours. Telling every issue or problem when it becomes critical and complicated or at a point where I'm helpless to do anything. Just get over it. I'm tired to explain this concept repetitively. First of all, you really need to understand, you are staying in the most unsafe city of India. It's bloody Delhi. The crime ratio and rate at which rapes are happening is so high. Damn it, can you understand?' Rishi paused his monologue.

'Secondly, my permission to let you go to Delhi was conditional. Do you even remember my condition? Idiot, you forgot about it. You were suppose to share every silliest thing with me on daily basis. You suck at keeping promises, Tara. You miserably failed at it. Had you you discuss this with me earlier, I would have fly down all the way down to Delhi and taken all god damn measures for your safety. Is it so hard to understand your importance in my life? Do I have to proof - I care for you more than anything else?' Rishi is pissed with Tara for her acts.

'This behavior of yours irritates hell out of me. Reason. I can't do anything about it. Did Yash's stalking slip out of your mind? Don't you know outcome of that? What if this stalker ends up like sinister? Speak a damn up, Tara' Rishi demanded for an answer.

'Hey. Relax. I'm still alive and talking to you' Tara is already feeling drowsy. 'So, are you waiting for him to do something? You. Shut up, just shut up. Don't even dare to talk about this death stuffs. I absolutely hate it.' Rishi roared aloud like a starving lion.

Tara placed tons of kiss sounds over the phone, startling Rishi. 'I love you so much. You know you are best boyfriend anyone can have.' Tara made it up to him. 'Please take Uber or Ola Cabs tomorrow' Rishi instructed. 'It's expensive' Tara sighed. 'Don't you dare to use your brain. Do you think I am a fool to care more about money when your safety is at stake? Don't argue! I will transfer you money to your account. Just be safe, I will figure out something by tomorrow.' Rishi appeased his long distance girlfriend.

'Okay, sweetie. Good night.' Tara yawned over her phone. 'Good night, my lady love.' Rishi smiled, foolishly as they disconnected the call.

Next day, Tara was engrossed in her work when Sid stopped by her desk 'Hey Tara. We have organised a surprise party for Aarush, head of Operations team late evening. Please join us.' 'So, where's the venue?' Tara enquired Sid. 'Hard Rock Café, Cyber Hub, tonight at 7pm' Akash replied on behalf of Side, pulling his chair towards Tara. Tara was in a dilemma whether to go or not. 'Tara, stop being paranoid. Just because you don't have a car to commute, you shouldn't behave like a spoiled brat.' Arpita spoke out her thoughts.

'Tara, I'll provide you pick and drop service. Don't you worry. In fact, I'm leaving for home now as my wife called me. I can drop you by your place. Get ready by 6 pm. I'll be your chauffeur for today.' Akash ended his suggestion on a lighter note. Arpita, Sid and Tara shared a laughter. 'Thanks a lot, Sid. You are such a help.' Tara backpacked her stuffs.

Discussing about the project, Akash halt his car in front of her society. Tara realized, she reached her home. 'See you soon' Akash drove off after Tara got off the car. Tara rushed home to get ready.

After a cold water shower, Tara wrapped herself in a towel and stepped out the restroom. 'Oh freak! How can I forget that! I got to message Rishi else he will start worrying.' Tara cursed herself.

Tara picked her smartphone and typed a message -

Hey baby! Get home soon, my darling. I am heading for Dhruv Sir's pre engagement surprise party at Hard Rock Café, Cyber Hub. Either Sid or Akash will be pick up me from my place and drop me back to my place. In case if I don't pick up your call, feel free to call Sid/ Akash/ Purvi/ Arpita/ Ayesha/ Amit. I hope you have everyone's contact. You are the best boyfriend anyone have. . Drive safe. Love you baby. :* :* <3 '

After composing the message, Tara hit the send button and kept her phone aside to get dressed. She didn't bother checking the delivery status of the message. Perhaps, there must be some network problem as Tara's message wasn't delivered to Rishi.