Yeon blinked, and questions rose up. However seeing the serious expression on Jaeha's face, she swallowed them and glanced at her hut.

Maybe it was because she was too absorbed in her conversation with Jaeha but she made out a dim light that's coming out of the small windows of her hut.

"W-who do you think it is??" Yeon questioned. She don't think she have anything worth stealing in there (after all, she was just a poor girl living on the outskirts of town).

Jaeha paused, but his lips pulled back into a snarl. "Whoever it is, I'll kill them."

Startled, Yeon grabbed him when he began moving forward. "What are you talking about? You're not being serious are you?"

Yeon bit her lips, uncomfortable when Jaeha slid his emerald eyes onto her. Rather than realizing the problem at hand, it was like he was asking what was wrong with taking another's life.

And Yeon, as a medic, couldn't help but feel like she has to change that.

"No. No killing." She said in a firm voice, and when Jaeha began turning away from her, she reached out, fingers wrapping around the sides of a face. "Jaeha, I don't know what kind of life you lead up until now.. But taking a life isn't right no matter what."

"Ah." Was all he said, and his green eyes still reflected his confusion.

Sighing, Yeon was prepared to step back until she heard another voice.

"Yeon?"

Glancing over, Yeon's eyes widened before a smile split across her lips. "Hae!"

Unlike her, Hae's face remained serious, and his cobalt eyes turned to Jaeha. "Who is he?"

As if she just realized that both of her hands were still placed around Jaeha's face, she hurriedly backed away. "S-sorry."

Either Jaeha just wasn't affected by her at all. or just that he didn't mind, but his attention immediately turned to the man in front of them. Despite being with him for less than a day, Yeon felt as though he wouldn't hesitate to jump Hae.

This man seemed to have the tendency of assuming the worst.

"Um. Anyways, Jaeha, this is Hae." Yeon stepped away from the green-haired man. Her voice lowered. "He's a pirate too."

Hae's eyes widened. "Yeon-"

"It's fine. I showed him the ship earlier. He can be trusted." Yeon waved her hand in dismissal. "But this is Jaeha... um.. my friend."

The pirate's eyes narrowed onto Jaeha's face, and Jaeha tensed. "You don't exactly have the best judgment." Hae muttered but straightened. "Nice to meet you."

Yeon laughed awkwardly, and played with her hands nervously. "So, um. Did you need something?"

Hae's eyes stayed on Jaeha for a second longer, before he glanced down at the brunette. "I wanted to talk to you.. Since I have the feeling you're avoiding me."

The girl's cheeks burned red, and she glanced down, suddenly finding the dirt really interesting. "... I don't know what you're talking about."

The pirate's eyes softened, and he backed away. "But since you have someone here, right now, I'll come back later."

"Um." Uncomfortable, Yeon glanced away, and surprisingly, it was Jaeha who spoke up.

"If you want to talk to her, talk to her now." The man glanced at Yeon curiously. "I'm.. staying at her place for a while."

"What?! Why?!" Hae turned to Yeon. "Yeon, what's going on? Are you seriously letting a stranger stay at your place? You're a grown woman! I know you're trusting, but how can you be this trusting!?"