Prologue: The birth of a Swords master

Mihawk has always been a loving and dotting husband to his silver eyed wife, Dracule Mia, a petite woman with auburn hair and silver eyes, she was the kindest woman to ever melt Mihawk's cold heart, who was with child, and Mihawk was over joyed of the news.

However......

It was cut short, when his Mia, now nine months pregnant...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Went into labor.

Mrs. Dracule was frail in body, but strong in spirit, or how else did Mia ever catch the attention golden eyed swordsman.

After hours of labor, a baby's cry cut through the silence outside of the bedroom, the concerned Mihawk was brought into the room by the midwife, who was summoned five months before the was born, "Lord Dracule, it's a girl," and his face was its usual neutral expression. "She's a healthy baby girl, congratulations." With that the midwife left the swordsman alone to be with his wife.

"Mia." Mihawk softly spoke to his weakened wife, holding a tiny bundle in her arms, Mia looked up to her stoic faced husband, his face appeared to be permanent frown and scrutinizing golden eyes, but Mia could see a faint smile and his eyes expressed such tenderness towards her, that made her bashful.

She beamed cheerfully at him, her pearly white smile made Mihawk weak to his knees, as he strode over towards the king sized bed, kneeling at his wife's side as showed him their newborn child.

"Mihawk," she said lovingly at him, her silver eyes meeting his golden gaze, "meet Dracule Esperanza Rosé Briar, our daughter!" Mia's silvery eyes became watery, as she handed little Briar to Mihawk.

The swordsman gingerly cradled his tiny infant daughter in his arms, Mihawk looked down at Briar, she his black raven hair, and his pale skin. However, when the infant opened her small eyes, one of them was Mihawk's golden, and the other Mia's silver.

Hawkeyes was interrupted by Mia's coughing, he lifted his gaze towards her, and saw that was coughing up blood from her lips. "Mia," he whispered hoarsely, as he gently shifted his daughter into left arm as he went to touch Mia's cheek, "why didn't you tell me?"

Mia sadly smiled at her beloved pirate warlord, her very pale hand caressed his cheek, "It started when I was imprisoned by in that tower, by the sea, the day we first met, my beloved Pirate," reminiscing of the old days she felt trapped and lonesome in her tower, that was until she caught the attention of Mihawk, "the only thing I now regret, is that I cannot stand beside to watch our Rosé Briar grow up, but I will never leave your side, even in death." She coughed weakly, as she slowly closed her beautiful serene silver eyes, "I love you mi amoir, until the end of time." A soft smile graced her lips one last time, as her hand fell from Mihawk's cheek.
.
.
.
.
.
And she gone.

As the swordsman looked down at his faithful beloved wife, tears, tears rolled down his cheeks, landing on his child's head.

Never in his long years of being at sea, had Dracule Hawkeyes Mihawk, ever cried, but this was different than anything the warlord had ever experience, it was a death of a friend, a companion, and a lover.

Holding his baby daughter in his cradling embrace, Mihawk leaned forward and kissed his beloved wife Mia.

Standing up, Dracule glanced down at Briar, and whispered into her tiny ear, "You will become the world's greatest swords master, my little Thorny Rosé."

                                 ~~*~~
As five years have passed by, Briar had developed a passion of swordplay, strategy, and of course swords.

She also inherited her father's stoic attitude, she became a young child-like beauty, who was a wallflower in society, but Briar had been fortunately blessed with her mother's compassion and enchanting smile.

"Father?" Briar asked her father hesitantly, but hoping to receive an answer from him.

"Yes, Briar." Mihawk replied neutrally to the short raven haired girl.

"Are there more islands out there in the ocean?" She softly inquired, not meeting her father's steely gaze, ashamed that she would displeased him in some way, her eyes downcast to the stone floor of the manor they lived in.

The golden eyed swordsman blinked at his daughter's question, sighing, he knelt down to her eye level, looking into her gold and silver eyes, he simply answered, "Yes. Yes, there are more islands out there in the ocean." He lifted up her small face, with his large hand, and saw a shadow of his dead wife in her. "Do you wish to see one of those islands?"

Briar's heterochromia eyes widened in shock at her father's suggestion, she didn't trust her voice to answer for her, so she nodded at him timidly. Amused at his daughter's action, Mihawk gently ruffled her short hair, and faintly smiled at her.

"Then it shall be done, my little thorny Rosé." Mihawk trusted his daughter to be able to take of herself, she was a Dracule of course, and no one has ever defeated one battle for generations.

However, even though she was a Dracule, she also still a child, which made her a target for Bounty hunters and the Marines, and he would be powerless if anything would befall her.

So he decided to call in a favor from a scarred, red haired man, with a straw hat, Red hair Shanks.