Chapter Four

Mako walked back to his house to get the picnic ready. Jamie stayed at home to get his stuff ready. Mako went into his bedroom and dug through his dresser drawers for his swimming trunks. He didn’t swim often but he’s feeling a certain craving for the smell of the sea and the feeling of sand on his feet. He found his blue trunks and changed into them. He also pulled out a white T-shirt and tugged that on.

He walked out to his kitchen and looked in the cupboards for his wicker basket. He’s had this thing for years. He put that on the counter and opened his frigde to set out lunch meat for the sandwiches.

Making the sandwiches didn’t take long although he spent a little more time cutting them into cute triangles. After he packed the sandwiches he went back into his bedroom to get a big towel blanket for them to sit on. He grabbed an extra towel for himself and put on some sandals. He grabbed everything and went into his garage to pack everything into the storage compartment of his motorcycle. It was a tight fit but it worked. He threw his leg over the seat and started driving back to Jamie’s house.

He knocked on the door and waited for Lucio or Jamie to answer. It was Lucio who had no shirt on and a pair on green swimming trunks. Mako had to admit that he looked pretty nice.

“Hey Mako! Come in, Jamie’s still looking for his trunks but you can come meet Hana!” He smiled and motioned him in, closing the door after him.

There was a brown haired girl sitting on the couch playing a DS with a shirt on over her pink bathing suit. She looked over at him. “Is this Mako? Jamie was right, he is cute!” She stood up and hugged Mako.

“And you’re Hana?” Mako smiled.

“Yep!” She grinned and plopped back down on the couch and continued with her game.

“Okay, guys! Close your eyes! Time for the big reveal.” He heard Jamie from his room, giggling.

Mako looked at the other two, who covered their eyes so he closed his eyes as well.

He heard Jamie open the door and close it. “Open!”

Mako opened his eyes and Jamie was standing there, hands on his hips, in a yellow speedo.

“Ooh Jamie you look hot!” Hana said jokingly. Lucio was laughing.

“Whaddya think Mako? Like what ya see?” He grinned.

“Um… well…” Mako looked at the other two for help, they just laughed even more.

Jamie struck another pose. “I know. Too sexy for words!” He laughed. Anywho let's get goin!” He grabbed a towel that he dropped on the floor and followed Mako out of the apartment.

“Do you guys have a car? I only have my motorcycle.” Mako asked Lucio and Hana.

“Yeah me and Lucio can take my car” Hana answered.

Jamie and Mako got on the bike while Lucio and Hana walked to the parking lot next to the complex.

“Gotta text ‘em which beach we’re going to.” Jamie said, getting his phone out. Mako got on his bike and waited for Jamie. He climbed on behind Mako. “I’ll tell you which ways to go. Gonna be a surprise.”

Mako raised an eyebrow but listened to him anyway. He had to yell at Mako to make sure he heard which way to go. After a tiring ride with Jamie yelling and Mako asking him what he said, and people staring at the man in the speedo, they finally pulled into a parking lot next to a long stretch of beach. Lucio and Hana were already there and were leaning against Hana’s little volkswagon beetle.