reason 34

This is not a real reason to stay alive, but just something you need to consider or try to do.

You know that saying "Take things one day at a time."? If you think about it, simply trying to focus on getting through one day is quite helpful, when struggling to cope with life.

What I believe in is taking things one breath at a time.

Yesterday, your pain might have seemed unbearable, so much so that you considered ending your life, possibly. Today, you are still feeling that pain, but why did you not decide to end things yesterday, though? Because YOU ARE STRONG. You fought those thoughts that keep telling you that death is a solution to this problem. That requires so much strength, I can tell you that.

And you do not know how you'll feel tomorrow. Maybe that pain will be less, or maybe even more. But who cares about tomorrow, it hasn't happened yet. Who cares about yesterday, it has already passed. You are still alive, still breathing, and that means more than pain. You managed to get here today, however difficult it may have been. YOU ARE STILL HERE, OKAY?

Surely that counts for something.

I know how hard it is to keep going. But you have made it this far, so what's one more day going to change? So keep doing what you're doing to fight the thoughts, for one more day.

One more breath, one more heartbeat, one more second, one more hour. By the time you know it, the day will have passed. Continue everyday with this mindset of trying to get through small fragments of time, and you'll look back and see how it wasn't so difficult to get through.

I know that living your life trying to pass the time and counting days is no way to live, but death is not an alternative you should consider.

Try, for one more breath, to stay alive.

That's all I can ask of you.