chapter 3

~8 Years Ago~

I remember my big brother.

Alex...

He was always playing his Nintendo 64.
It was his prized possession, as he called it. I didn't know exactly what it meant.
I was only 6 years old anyway.

My big brother was much older than me; already in college.
I noticed after a few months into his sophmore year, that he started acted kinda funny; like something was scaring him.
He was allowed to bring me to his dorm room sometimes, He said that he enjoyed the company of his baby sister.
I didn't mind at all. His refrigerator was always stuffed with juice boxes and snacks, I even played his Nintendo 64 with him.

But for some reason he wouldn't let me play this one game...
Majora's Mask...
Cause' he said it was haunted...

It scared me only a little. Whenever I was over and he did play the game, he always had a strange look on his face.
Like he was worried something was out to get him.

The game was pretty weird. The character was funny looking and was all lopsided.
Music from the game was strange too. It almost sounded as if it were playing backwards.
The people in the game looked scary and would follow the character Alex played around. Some of the words were jumbled and they kept calling the him BEN... Which didn't make any sense because my brothers name was Alex and his screen name on the computer was Jadusable.
There was no BEN anywhere at all.
Sometimes Alex would go one the computer and go on something called CleverBot...
It was a funny robot thing that responded when you said hello.

Sometimes Alex would panic and shake when he was on CleverBot. He kept saying:
"No... He isn't real..." Over and over again. It started to scare me after a while, but big brother told me not to tell anyone about it.

As the months went by, Alex got worse and worse. Sometimes when I would visit him, he would be hiding in a corner shaking and crying to himself, the curtains were always blocking the windows and the lights were always out. He would hold me in his arms and whisper: "Don't let BEN in.... He's everywhere..." I never could understand what he meant, but it frightened me. After a while, He would fall asleep on the sofa next to me, then he would wake up suddenly, thrashing violently like he had a really bad dream.
His health got worse to the point where he wouldn't eat. He would just hide in his house.
Eventually He wouldn't even let me visit him anymore....
I was sad for my big brother who I loved so much...
I was mad at this BEN person for making my big brother so sick...

But then... one day Alex disappeared.
And the voices that haunted him.
Decided to visit me.