Part 2 - Could stability be stronger than love

Chapter 11

It was a great afternoon, Solisha felt relaxed and contented that there was no one around  to disturb the tranquility that she had longed for all morning. The wind blew on her face as she lay back on her couch facing her veranda. She wanted to call Raphael but decided that it was too late. Considering the difference in time she realized that he would be asleep. She wondered where Charlene had taken Subrina. Had they gone to the market or visited one of Charlene's old friend who lived not too far from the small district library. Solisha was bored, she missed her family especially her beloved Raphael who was always within reach. Her mind kept playing games with her. She tried to block the memory of her life in Majorca but now that she was there it was impossible.

She dwelt on the days when she first came to live with her ex-in laws. She reminded herself how weak she was and how fast she had fallen in love with the father of her child. She was scared to even mention his name. She wondered where he was and what his life had become. She tried to think of other things to occupy her afternoon but the memory of Marco came flashing back. She went to the cabinet poured herself a cocktail and decided that reading some fashion magazines might take her mind back to reality.

Subrina walked in, her face glowing, she looked happy and carefree. Charlene wanted to cook them dinner, had bought some sweet potatoes, lamb chops and  some green salads from the market. As she left them she heard Subrina questioned her mother about the arrival of her father. Solisha was caught unguarded, she was not prepared for that. She mumbled a few words and disappeared into the kitchen pretending to help Charlene. Subrina could not understand why her mother had to feel like this.

The supper went fine, Charlene was a great cook. Solisha had always enjoyed her cuisine, but tonight it was impossible to finish everything in her plate. Subrina ate to her heart content. After a serving of fresh coffee and lemon pie, Solisha forced herself to retire to her room. She did not understand what was wrong with her. She has a husband, she told herself, who worshiped the ground she walked on. Why is she thinking of a man who had walked out of her life 16 years ago. She went to bed that night angry with herself and with the memories that she had kept alive all those years.
The next morning she woke up feeling better and satisfied that she had everything under control, she dressed in a blue satin frock, black high heels and San Mario Designer bag she left the house.
After driving for hours and not knowing where she was going, she decided to stop at one of the small cafe opposite the City Museum. She recalled the days when in despair she would come around trying to find herself. She had made many friends some still around, living their lives in the best way expected. She wished she had kept contact with Sylvia, her best friend when she was living there. This was only wishful thinking because Sylvia was long gone, had moved to Venice to pursue her dream as an artist. As she sipped coffee reminiscing her days at the coffee shop with friends,  she realized that Marco was never far from her mind.

She pretended to herself that it was for Subrina that she had kept the memories of her relationship with Marco vivid in her mind, she new in her heart of hearts that she was lying to herself. She was still in love with him.
A month had passed and Subrina had no intention of going back to Seychelles. She had made few friends her age and  surprisingly told Solisha that her place was in Marjorca for the time being as she would very much want to be with her nanny and to await the arrival of her father. 

Solisha was disappointed, she had promised Raphael that she would be back within 2 months of their departure. Meanwhile as much as Raphael loved her and had never begrudged her going to Marjoca with her daughter, he wanted her back. He was lonely and the house was quiet without her as he silently told her during their late afternoon talks.

Chapter 12

Three months had passed and Subrina refused to go back to Seychelles. She partied with her friends and came to the house drunk. Her mother was disappointed in her behavior. She herself was fighting her demons and knew with certainty that this behavior could not be tolerated. She was turning 18 and needed to go back to University to finish the programs she was enrolled in.
The beautiful 17 who came 3 months ago to Majorca had taken wings and ready to fly, will it be in the good or bad directions. While her mother was fretting over what was happening, Marco was planning to visit his hometown.