You're Okay

Taylor's over the moon when Karlie agrees to go out on stage, since her other guest just cancelled. She wants to scream with pure excitement as people start filling up the crowd, since she knows they'll love it. Ever since she came out, her fanbase is smaller, but that's okay, because it means only the true fans are left.

Every song goes flawlessly, and then it's time for You Are In Love. Of course, that's the song Karlie insisted on walking out to. It's their song.

"Remember when I told you there's a special guest tonight? Well, I'm pretty sure you know what song's next, so can you guys guess who's coming out?"

There's a combination of "Karlie" and "Kaylor" and just random screams, making Taylor grin bigger than she has all night. Everyone's ecstatic to see Karlie on stage with Taylor, especially since the last time they were on stage, they kissed in front of everyone.

"Karlie, can you please come out, babe?" Taylor said, making everyone scream even louder. If Taylor was thinking, she would've known it would overwhelm Karlie. If she was thinking, she wouldn't have convinced Karlie to go on stage. But she wasn't thinking.

Karlie walks out on stage, squinting as the bright lights attack her eyes. She wants to cover her ears when all the fans scream again, but she doesn't want to disappoint Taylor.

Taylor starts singing the song, and that's when everything becomes too much for Karlie. She drops to the floor, covering her ears and rocking herself ever so gently. Taylor sees it out of the corner of her eye, and immediately stops singing. Everyone's confused about what's going on, but they're all quiet, since Karlie seems to be bothered by the noise.

Taylor runs over to Karlie, despite being in heels, and kneels down beside her. She takes the ear-piece out of her ear and throws it to the ground, since the music is still playing in her ears. Now everyone's chattering amongst themselves, and all of that together makes it louder than what's comfortable for Karlie. "Kar, is it okay if I touch you?" Taylor whispers, making sure to give her girlfriend a good amount of space.

Karlie can't speak. Instead, she nods. Taylor pulls her into a hug, making sure to squeeze tight, but not too tight, in an attempt to get Karlie to calm herself. Karlie's sobbing, and her whole body shakes with each and every one. "Loud."

Taylor covers her girlfriend's ears before saying into the microphone, "I need everyone to be as quiet as possible. Can you please do that for us?"

Everyone obeys, and soon enough, Taylor can hear the unsteady rhythm of Karlie's breathing. Karlie turns her head so that her face is buried in Taylor's chest, blocking out the majority of the light. She tries to calm her breathing, but it's just too hard. She's panicking, because everyone is probably judging her and they're gonna hate her and then they'll hate Taylor, and no one should hate Taylor.

"Hey, Karlie, can you hear my heartbeat?"

"Uh huh."

"Listen to it. Focus on it. Take some deep breaths. You're gonna be okay."

Karlie inhales sharply, still shaking. "I can't!" she whispers harshly. "I can't."

"Karlie. You can. You're my sunshine, and my sunshine is always happy."

Letting out a groan, Karlie looks up at Taylor's eyes. The familiarity of Taylor's blue eyes makes everything feel okay, even if it's only for a few seconds. "Taylor?"

"Yes?"

"What if your fans hate me for ruining their concert?"

"They won't, babe. Do you want to explain what happened?" Taylor nods towards the microphone, letting Karlie wander over there herself.

Karlie picks it up, clearing her throat a few times. The audience is still silent, looking at Karlie and waiting for her to speak. "Um... I don't really know what to say here. I'm sorry you guys had to see that, I've been trying to keep that part of my life away from you guys. But you've seen it now, so I should probably explain. I have Asperger's. That's autism, for those of you who don't know. One of the big things is that I get overwhelmed easily, especially when there's a lot going on. It's called a sensory overload. That's what just happened there. But luckily, I have the most supportive girlfriend ever, who would drop everything for me, like she just did. I hope you guys don't hate me."

With that, everyone starts cheering and clapping, chanting her name. "Karlie! Karlie! Karlie!"

She smiled, and in that moment, she knew that everything would be okay in the end, and everyone loved her for herself.

I have a habit of making everyone autistic but IT WASN'T MY FAULT THIS TIME! Blame 100percentsunshine_ because it's all her fault. Vi told me to write an autistic Karlie. But seriously I already have so many headcanons for that. Like her special interests are coding and baking and AHHHHHHHH

Anyways.