o n e

Fridays are my least favorite days of the week because I have AP Chemistry. Which is literally the most boring class in the world. But the teacher isn't the worst, he is a timid man in his 50's who is a little too excited about chemistry, but it's also the end of the week. My best friend Andy is my lab partner and we are passing notes like we always do.

MR C IS LITERALLY SO BORING WHY DID WE TAKE THIS CLASS
because we have to graduate next year
BUT I WON'T EVER NEED TO KNOW THE ELEMENTS ON THE PERIODIC TABLE IN REAL LIFE
i don't know you may run in to some chemicals in the street and you'll need to know which ones to mix so we don't blow up the world
YOUR ACTUALLY AN IDIOT NO ONE IS GOING TO LEAVE CHEMICALS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET

I just look at him and shrug, he laughs little too loud, and I guess Mr.C's hearing aid is working today. "Miss Ashmond? Mr Wright? What seems to be so funny that you can't pay attention and need to giggle about?" he snaps at Andy and I.

"Oh! Nothing! Sorry Mr.C!" I stammer quickly and Andy nodes agreeing with me. Once Mr.C has turned around, I elbow Andy and roll my eyes at him.

10 minutes later the bell has finally rung for lunch Andy and I go to meet up with Sarah and Quill. When we get into the cafeteria they are sitting at our normal table with my boyfriend, John. He isn't the most attractive person but we have been dating since the middle of the summer.

He is sweet but I don't know if he is really my type I just don't have the guts to break up with him. I'm just waiting for the day he breaks up with me.

"Hey babe," John says and kisses me on the cheek. I sit awkwardly as he does this, not quite knowing what to do. Everyone stares at us seeing the uncomfortable gesture, and someone tries to change the subject.

"Did you hear about the new girl?" Quill asks everyone, we all shake our heads having not seen or heard about this new girl. "Her names Gabby, she just moved heard from Virginia. Oh, by the way I invited her to have lunch with us." He finishes as a girl sits down at our table.

She is tall and muscular girl, probably an athlete. She is pail with long black hair, eyes as green as the trees, and chiseled features. "Gabby these are my friends Sarah, Andy, Lucy, and her boyfriend John" Quill says going around the table. "Hi, its nice to meet you guys." She says in a smooth melodic voice. Damn she is really pretty.

"So Gabby since you have met everyone now want to hangout with us tonight? Its at my house." Quill says to her probably trying to get her to hook up with him. "Yea that sounds like fun. What are your plans at this little party?" she says with knowing eyes, she probably has something evil up her sleeves. But if she does damn I want to find out.

"Well you will have to come and find out," I say her tauntingly. She gives me a big simile and nodes. We continue with lunch and we head to our next class. Gabby has AP Literature next and so do I so offer to show her where it is.

"So, first day, see a boy that catches your eye?" Trying my hardest to make conversation. "Not exactly but I have seen some girls that do. I'm gay by the way." She says and now I feel like such an idiot. "Sorry I didn't mean to assume, I just figured..." I stammer on and she cuts me off. "Lucy it's fine, you're not the first and probably not the last to assume that I'm straight," she says patting my shoulder trying to reassure me.

"Okay, I'm still sorry. Oh, here's the room AP Literature." I say and walk in and sit at my seat mentally slapping myself in the face for being so dumb. I know better than to assume something like that I mean Andy's gay he has a boyfriend Matt. And they are the cutest couple together.

She hands her note to the teacher and sits in front of me. And the lesson begins, I stare at her the whole time not really paying attention to what Mrs. Watts is saying, it doesn't seem all that important right now. Why do I keep thinking about her? I mean she is cool and all but I don't like girls, I think. I mean do I. I don't know. I've only ever dated and kissed guys so I could be. Wait this is one girl that doesn't mean that I like girls maybe its just this girl. I don't know what to think. Why did this girl have to start going to my school and sit right in front of me in my class? I don't know what to do. I think I'm just over thinking this.