t w o

Today has been the longest day of my life, and the when the bell finally rings. I grab my things and run to John's car. I toss my things into his car, as I am getting in John gets to the car. "This day was total bullshit." He says slamming on the wheel. "Calm the fuck down, beating your truck up isn't going to fix the problem!" I spat at him, not want to deal with his issues today.

"You're right, I am sorry." he says looking at me with puppy dog eyes. "You're an ass you know?" I say to him jokingly. "But you love me," he says kissing my cheek. "Drive me home, mom is already pissed at me for being late for curfew on Saturday."

He nods and drives, we don't say anything the whole ride home. When we get to my house he kisses me on the cheek and I run to the house. "Hey mom!" I yell, throwing my backpack on to the couch. "Hey, sweetie. Come into the dinning room please?" she yells back.

I run into the kitchen to see a slim women sitting with my mom, there are lemon bars and tea on the table. "Lucy, this is Angie Kane she and her family moved in down the street, into Gracie's old house." she says to me smiling awkwardly.

Gracie was my best friend till she moved away last summer right before I started dating John. I don't really remember why she left; all I know is one minute we were hanging out, then the next she was gone. I also remember waking up with a sprained wrist, but I don't remember how it happened. No one has told me how I got it, and I don't really wanna know. I never asked though, I am sure that my mom and brother knows. But I just let it be.

"Hi, it is nice to meet you." I say smiling to her. "She has a daughter about your age, she started school with you today." my mom says to me. I haven't had the best of luck with friends so my mom tends to try to force me to make friends. I like my bed very much and not having to be around many people. "Her name is Gabby," she says and I am slightly mortified by this. I take a breathe, "Yea I met her, she ate with me and my friends at lunch and Quill invited her to hangout with us tonight." I say to her trying to be polite, even though my hands are shaking like a leaf on a tree. "Yes, she told me I think it is a lovely idea? And if you don't mind your mom said you would be able to give her a ride." she says smiling politely.

"Yeah, definitely have her meet me here at 6 and we will head over there." I say to her, she smiles at me then to my mom and nodes. I head up stairs to my room grabbing my headphones and my phone from my jacket. I stick them in and I start listening to Ice Nine Kills new album, they are one of my favorite bands of all time.

At 5 I run grab a granola bar, and I decide to change my cloths since I spilled tea on them when I was down stairs. So I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a grey cropped sweater, I grab my converse from the floor. I run to the bathroom and pull a brush through my hair but decide to put in a side braid eyes. When I get down stairs I grab my keys from the counter. Yes, I can drive but John likes to drive to school and I don't have to pay for gas so fine by me. As walk to the door the bell rings.

I open it and there stands Gabby wearing a black leather skirt with fish nets under them, she has on a black sheer top with a gold bralette underneath it. "I love your outfit!" she exclaims to me. "It's nothing special. Are you ready to go?" I say her trying to play off my awkwardness. She nodes and head out to my truck. Well it's actually my brothers he gave it to me when he left for Europe.

"So how long have you and your boyfriend been dating?" she asks me trying to make small talk as we pull out of the driveway. "About 4 months." I say short and sweet and to the point, my normal MO. "Oh so not that long, that's cool. So I am kind of nervous about hanging with you guys, because you all seem super close and I am the new girl coming hanging out with your friend group..." she tails off. "Take a minute and breathe, you are going to be fine we are just going to sit around and eat food, play games, and drink beer. We don't hard core party and we look our for each other. So you will be okay." I say interrupting her and trying to reassure her.

She smiles at me, "Thank you," she says to me and places her hand on my thigh. I freeze not quite knowing what to do. She takes her hands up and cranks up the radio. We drive in silence the rest of the way to Quills. Gosh I am so confused by everything today.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I kind of forgot about wattpad but I spend a couple of hours writing a chapter. I am really proud of myself I will continue to write over the next couple of days and hopefully publish another chapter soon. Thanks for all the support.
~Abi