Chapter 11

Hey guys :)  Been away for a long time, I know. . . .

So, guys, I want your honest opinion, is this book too much like the Hunger Games?  I've been wondering, and if so, please tell me, I won't be offended.

Song of the chapter: If I Die Young by The Band Perry   and   Arms by Christina Perri

Perfect for this chapter. . . .

Quote of the chapter: "We've had time, haven't we?" -- from one of the Harry Potter movies or books, I'm not exactly sure which. . . .

Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                      Chapter 11

I really wanted to throw something right then. 

After my name had been called, a troup of guards, dressed in silver, hastily led us away, until we were almost sprinting out of the field.  I heard the thuds of things being thrown in my wake, and I had ran all the faster.  Once we were in the safety of the tunnels, using short, clipped sentences, the guards directed us to our 'apartments,' or chambers, as I knew them.  Avoiding Ty's, Nickolai's, and Alex's eyes, my head down, I had rushed down the hallway, zig-zagging through all of the girls who were chatting excitedly, about me no doubt.  Child of a virgin, after all.  I had unlocked the door by pressing my hand over the keyhole, as the guards had instructed, and slipped inside, locking all the bolts of the door.

And now here I was.  Standing in the center of the room, contemplating which fancy furniture item would be the best to throw.

But no.  I couldn't.  I didn't want to get into any more trouble than I already was in.  Plus, everything looked too expensive. 

Arranged in the middle of the room were several modern-looking curly silver plush chairs with gold gilding, the legs ending in curls that made the chairs look unstable to sit on.  The curly silver chairs were arranged around a low silver coffee table with golden gilding also, set on thick silver legs that sunk into a plush carpet that looked suspiciously like wolf fur.  Most of the apartment was carpeted in this plush fur except for the kitchenette, which rested on bare, cold, silver stone.  A larger dining table was set across from the kitchenette with only two chairs, one at each end.  Dining table and chairs were in the same design as just about everything else: silver with gold gilding.  Seriously, didn't these people branch out at all?  All the kitchenette contained was a rack of -- you guessed it -- silver pots and pans, silver spice cabinet, silver cabinets filled with silver bowls, and a silver icebox that held a variety of meat. 

The doors leading off to the bedroom and bathroom were silver, of course, but with the gold gilding spiraling toward a giant curly A in the center.  In the bathroom were, instead of silver, porcelain white sink, bathtub, and chamber pot. 

The bed in the bedroom was magnificent, with, of course, silver bedsheets with the same gold-gilding-leading-to-big-curly-A design in the center, and it was a four-poster, with thin silver curtains hanging down from the sides that you could tie closed at the upper corners.  A silver claw-footed dresser, nightstand, and washstad were arranged on one wall, the other one taken up by a huge what seemed to be makeup station with large mirror and rows of colorful blush, lipstick, and eyeshadow. 

Too bad I would only be staying here for one night.

Because in the morning, the Games were beginning.