What Is This Even?

*warning: this is a community-policed forum. If you do not genuinely read someone elses' work, they will report your username to me, and your request will be deleted from the comments. This is for genuine readers only.

I don't know.

I don't even know how to start up one of these things, but this is my personal attempt to build a library full of serious authors on Wattpad-- people who value not only writing, but reading too. Sharing works, growing together, all that good stuff. But actually reading what others have taken the time and courage to write and put out there for scrutiny.

Have you ever felt like Wattpad is a popularity contest that you aren't really interested in being apart of? That Read for Reads actually mean people voting on all your chapters without reading the story you have poured your heart and soul into? If not, then I'm actually happy that you haven't experienced this disappointment, but if you have...

Me too, friend.

Primarily, this is for me to find authors who want their stories to be considered and for all their hard work and imagination not to go unnoticed, and for my own to be genuinely looked at as well. But, this will also be a space to come share your work with people who GENUINELY want their works read and to read the works of other's as well.

I am open to all genres. Bring it on. I want to read your work.

As for me, criticize my work, point out typos or mistakes in my writing, but above all else, please consider the stories I have written. I write to have people read. That is rewarding for me.

That's it, really. I don't even know if this will work out, but I'm eager anyway!!!

Happy reading, everyone :)

RecoveringIntrovert
(Someone who is way too serious)

UPDATE: PLEASE READ.

Since this is kind of taking off, I feel the need to control the influx of requests with some guidelines as to how I want this to work. Read them over before you decide you want to do a genuine read for read with me or not (I hope you do!!!):

1. First and foremost, this is intended only for GENUINE read for reads. Kind of redundant, I know, but some people are still just voting their way through and not reading. I can tell when you aren't reading. If you don't want to do a genuine read through, then please don't waste my time or yours.

2. Commenting on each chapter of eachother's work is apart of the deal, because it shows both me and you that we are reading and considering each other's books. Of course, if you only feel like writing one comment per chapter, you may, but comment on something specific, please. I will absolutely do the same for you.

3. I have 2 reading lists, A and B, which I will be alternating between, so I will be reading a chapter of your book every second day. I want to make sure I'm not rushing through anyone's story, so hopefully you don't mind this.

4. I am slow and there may be times that, due to life, I must put off readings for a few days. I want you to know that eventually, I will finish your book, and that I won't forget about you. I will try to make these breaks only a few days or so and promptly return to reading, so don't worry!

5. I'm making a Genuine Reads Favorite list for my own use. This list is not meant to say that anyone's book is better than anyone else's, it's just that some stories strike me personally harder than others. I hope you understand!

6. If I am active on your story, but you fail to be active on mine, I will remove you from my reading list. No hard feelings or anything like that, just making room for other people who do want to read. When I take on your book, it means I will wait for updates if there are any and comment on those as well, and I expect the same in return. However, if my books are not your thing and a chore to read, please let me know, I will understand completely if you don't want to read it after all :)

7. MINGLE!!!! Ask each other for genuine read for reads as well! We all have stories to share and this is the place where they are sure to be read the way that you intended them to be!

End of update!