Chapter 2 - Superpowers

As I was practically dragged into the foul-smelling room, paranoia filled every square inch of my body. The heavy air made my head throb and my lungs burn.

"Blair," Petr said, I had figured out his name by reading his mind "this is where all of our failed experiments end up."

I looked around the room, the place was as big as a warehouse, with corpses as far as the eye could see. The only thought going through my mind at the moment is I've got to get out of here.

"We are transferring you to another wing. If you do not cooperate you will end up one of these experiments." He said so chillingly it feel like the temperature had gone down a few degrees.

"Now I am going to show you where you are going to stay for the next while." Affirmed Petr, laughing.

As I was led down the hall I noticed many men and women in lab coats conversing about people. Other subjects to be precise. Petr then led me down a smaller hallway, a barely lit one at that, which did nothing for my paranoia. He stopped at about halfway down at a wood door, he unlocked it and threw me in.

The room had two bunk beds with a curtain separating them, and one bathroom to the left. I sunk down against the wall next to the door and tried to collect my thoughts. Then I felt someone come and sit beside me.

"Hey, I'm Cedric" The voice said.

I looked up and saw a young boy with dark curls sitting next to me.

"I'm Blair, and totally a mess right now." He chuckled.

Cedric stood up and put his hand out to me, I took it and stood up. There was one other girl in the room and her twin brother, I had a feeling she was going to be my bunk mate.

"Hey, I'm Ashley, and this is Matt" Ashley said.

"Hi, I'm Blair, nice to meet you!"

"Now that we've all met, I'm going back to the bunk to ponder my existence, but do carry on." Matt said bitterly.

My expression must have said something, because Ashley just grabbed my hand and showed me my bed. There was also clothing on the bed. So I grabbed them and went into the bathroom, grateful to change.

The army green cargo pants and blue T-shirt were a bit big on my tiny frame, but the gray sweater was huge. The other outfit I had been given consisted of black leggings and a long t-shirt with red and white stripes. When I walked out in the cargo pants and tee, Matt started laughing.

"This is too funny!" He exclaimed "you're so tiny your clothes fall off of you!"

I glared at him, he just flashed an charming and innocent smile at me.

Later that night, we were all climbing into bed, and when we said our good nights, the room went silent.

"What's that annoying sound!" Matt sat up and said, quite loudly.

"Sorry," I said "that's my pocket watch."

"Well shut the damn thing off won't you!"

"Matt!" Ashley yelled "leave her be, she is just as lost and scared as the rest of us, plus she's at least two years younger."

"Don't let my height deceive you, I'm fourteen, and I'm strong, with my mind, but whatever. This is hell, we can get through, if we band together." I said sure of myself.

"Well I'm fifteen," Matt pointed out "so is Ash, and Cedric is fourteen like you"

"Good lord," Cedric pitched in, finally speaking "we are all just kids, why the hell do they want us?"

We were suddenly interrupted by the door opening, and to my worst fear, I saw Davis, with a man that looked like he should have died a thousand years ago.

"Oh, you don't know? What a shame! For your superpowers of course!"