Prologue: Vices & Virtues

* Ashlin's POV *

I sat on my bed in my apartment bedroom, packing my overnight bag. Me and Brendon had started talking again (through technology) and had decided to meet back up at Panic!'s last show in West Virginia to try our relationship again tomorrow.

"Hi, Ashlin!" Hayley greeted, entering the toom. I had moved back into Hayley's apartment after me and Brendon spilt six months ago. She and Josh had also spilt after Josh and Zac declared departure from Paramore and he posted the nasty blog bashing Hayley. "Whoa -, what are you doing?"

And I've also never gotten to telling Hayley about my trip tomorrow.

I sighed, "Well..."

"Oh no. Did Josh manipulate you too to join his band on tour like he did Zac?" Josh had, according to Hayley, "manipulated" Zac into quitting Paramore with him and joining his new band, Novel American.

I stopped what I was doing and stared at her, "Why would I do such a thing to you?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. Just a guess considering the backpack," she gestured at my travel bag.

"I'm going away for a few days." I folded my yellow P!ATD shirt and slipping it into the bag.

"What?? Where?? You're leaving me!?"

"Only for a day or two.." I smiled at her panicking.

"Wait.. I-I'm confused. Where are you going for a day or two?"

I zipped up the certain compartment of the backpack I was finished with, "I'm going to see Brendon."

"Wait, what!? Brendon!?"

"He called and we're gonna meet up and try it again." I picked up my Vices & Virtues album, smiling at Brendon's innocent face on the cover, then tucking it into the front pocket of my bag..

"B-But you just can't leave me like this!"

"It's only gonna be like three days."

"B-But...uhhhuhuh.." she whined.

"Invite Taylor and Jer over for the weekend. Or even Erica and McKayla. They'll be off from school."

"Okay.." she sat down on the bed and put her chin in her hands, but not for long, "Wait! How come you haven't told me this beforehand?"

"If you've been home, I would've told you." she had been hanging around Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory for the past week now.

"What, tour? That was two months ago -"

"No, Hayley. What have you been doing ever afternoon this week?"

She thought for a moment, "Ohhh, Chad..." she sulked in shame.

"And where have i been while you've been doing that?"

"Here?" she guessed.

I nodded, "And who have I been hanging out with while you have a good time?"

"Yourself?" she squeaked.

I nodded once again, "And, as a matter of fact, I will be out seeing someone while you may -"

"Sit here alone." she finished.

"Hanging out with -"

"Myself."

"With the exception of -"

"Tay, Jer, Erica, and McKayla."

"And Chad at the rate you're going these days.."

"Oh, yeah! Him too!" she smiled.

"So, are we both gonna be okay the next couple days without our best friend?"

She nodded, "Yep! 'Cause we'll be with our best mates!"

I laughed, "Yes, because we will be with our best mates." and scooted my bag away, successfully all packed up.