Madison x reader

(A/n)
If u want a part 2 u kno what to do (yoo that rhymed)

James Madison was always polite, asking for permission on everything. When he could speak, when to leave, if he was allowed to arrive early, everything. Well, almost. One thing he didn't ask permission for, was to steal your heart. Somehow, you managed to fall for the nicest guy in school.
Getting close to him wasn't hard. He sat with Jefferson, or alone in the library. Today he was in the library, which was surprising because it was crowded. Every day he sat at the same table, and every day you asked if you could sit across from him. It became sort of habitual between you two.
"Hey James, mind if I sit down?" He looked up and relaxed once he saw it was you.
"Yeah, go ahead," he quickly turned back to his book.
"What's on the studying agenda today?" You pulled out your English assignment that you had almost finished and put down your hot chocolate.
"Uhhh..... Chemistry. Mr. Franklin is kicking my butt with all of this extra homework." He sighed and showed you his little pamphlet of unfinished papers.
"I already finished that. Wanna make a deal?" You scribbled a conclusion on your assignment and looked back up at him.
"What kind of deal?"
"Since you're so good with writing, I'll help you with Chem...... if you read over my English papers." You put the essay in front of him. He laughed.
"That's it? Jeez I wish Tommy was as easy going as you. I'll read over all and any of your English papers if you tutor me." He smiled broadly and showed you the homework.
"Deal! Okay so this works with the periodic table....."

You and James became notorious for lunch period inhabitants of the library. Everyday for the past two weeks you had been quizzing him relentlessly in Chemistry, and he made sure your papers were newspaper worthy.
"Okay, you missed Neon, Plutonium, and Americium. You did pretty well considering there's 50+ elements." You set down the enormous stack of notecards.
"Phew, thanks Y/n. Hey, me and Tommy are going to get coffee after school.... do you want to..?" His words dropped off at the end.
"I'd love to."