Race into Space

CHAPTER 1

"Wow! I can't believe I’m going to Space Camp!" Alex said to her mom.

"You’re lucky we let you go." said her mom "It costs almost $3000!"

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"you're welcome Alex."

"I've got to go pack."

Alex ran up to her room. Her room was filled with space themed items. There was a plastic Space Shuttle hanging from her ceiling. Her door Said NASA and her bed was the Saturn V rocket from the Apollo missions.

"We leave in one hour." said her mom."

"Mom" said Alex "can we pick up Cody?"

"Sure" said her mom 

Cody is a boy who enjoys astronomy. He has Blonde hair and Likes playing his XBOX with his brother. Alex has a huge crush on him but he's already dating a girl named Jessie.  

"Okay, let's go." said Alex's mom.

An Alex only life an hour away from the Kennedy Space Center and Cody only lives 45 minutes from the Space Center. Alex and her family would drive there every time there was a launch. She had seen Atlantis, Columbia and Discovery get launched into orbit at the Kennedy Space Center because they live so close. She had only missed one launch and that was Challenger. Christa Mcauliffe was her favorite Astonaut but tragically died in the Challenger accident.

Alex missed the launch because she had the mild case of the chicken pox but Alex was glad that she missed the death of her favorite Astronaut. 

After picking up Cody they had arrived at the Kennedy Space Center, they sighned in, got their jumpsuits, waved goodbye, unpacked in their dorms and got in their groups. Alex's mom made a request that Cody and Alex would be in the same group. They were both in the blue group. after being showed around by their counsellor Jamie they went back to their dorms to sleep for the night with everyone else.