Part 1: Wishes For Kisses

IT'S REALLY CHEESY AND PETTY BUT OH WELL... I DID THIS FOR FUN :D

~=~=~=>

Trust Your Heart Part 1: Wishes For Kisses

"Cupid, you're doing it again."

"Huh?" I glance up to see Poppy O'Hair approaching me. I've seen her around school, but we haven't really talked much. Why now?

She rolls her eyes. "It's so obvious." She nods toward Dexter, the boy I've been helplessly in love with, the one I've been staring at for the past ten minutes. Oh, that. Right.

I've got to admit, lunch is definitely the best time to do those sorts of things, stare.

I shrug. "Doesn't matter, I'm only ever looking at him looking at Raven."

"Then make him be looking back at you, instead."

I sigh and turn towards Poppy, away from Dexter. "It's not that easy, especially since Raven hasn't done anything. We're cool, and that would just be mean."

"Do yourself a favor, and start taking your advice. I can't make you, but I came over here because you remind me of myself." Poppy looks distant.

"How do you mean?"

"I dunno, you just are always in between, kind of like me. I can't change that, but you can. I guess I want for you what I can't have." She throws a lopsided smile to me. "It's better for one of us than none of us to get somewhere around here. Follow your heart, Cupid." With that she turns and heads back to a table Holly is at- along with Briar, Blondie, Hopper, and Justine.

I giggle at the irony in her statement, telling Cupid of all fairytales to follow her heart

I feel bad for Ginger doing just the same as me a few tables away: looking at Hopper looking at Briar. I've never quite figured out how to help that situation, seeing as I can't figure out my own.

~<3~

"Are you alright?"

I look over at my experiment partner, Raven. "Oh, yeah. I'm ok." I smile half heartedly.

"Are you sure? Your wings aren't as perky as usual."

"There's just a lot on my mind."

"Well alright, but you can talk to me anytime if you need to. I know you help a lot of people Cupid, and I wouldn't mind returning a favor."

I hollow my cheeks at the awkwardness Raven un-knowingly created.

"Actually, there is something."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She looks at me, gesturing to keep going. I take a deep breath. "I-like-Dexter. Like, alot."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, I wasn't expecting that."

"I'm sorry," I say. "I'm not going to make moves on him or anything, he likes you anyway."

"No no no no no, you have it all wrong," Raven quickly cuts me off. "I meant I wasn't expecting you to have a crush on someone."

"Can I not like someone?" I say kind of defensively.

Raven cringes, now she's feeling the awkwardness. "You can, I guess I never thought of the possibility that the girl who helps everyone in love, loves someone herself. It doesn't really cross people's minds."

Right, people forget I have feelings and a life outside their own. Ouch.

I puff air out of my cheeks and fiddle with my bow. "Well, I do."