Chapter Eight: More Shinigami Means More Friends

"Ryoko," Aunt Chie knocked on my door before entering my room. "Hey." I said as I continued to draw. "Why do you always keep it so dark in here?" She asked. "I don't know. I guess I just like it." I said, shrugging.

"Hmm... Well, I'm off. See you tonight." Aunt Chie kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I sighed to myself and leaned back in my chair. "Bored already? She just left the house." Rem said as she appeared behind me. "It's not that. I'm just so tired." I said. "Then, take a nap." She suggested.

"I don't know. I want to check on all the Shinigami downstairs."

"I'll take care of it. Get some rest, Ryoko."

I yawned and turned around in my chair to argue until Rem was directly in my face, nearly making me jump out of my seat. "Rest, Ryoko." She repeated. I sighed in defeat. "Okay, you win. I'll take it easy." I said. I got out of my chair and flopped on my bed. The moment my body landed on that soft mattress, I was out like a light.

I woke up 20 minutes later when I heard commotion going on downstairs. "You're going to wake, Ryoko. Keep it down." I heard Rem say. I yawned before getting out of bed, heading downstairs to see what all the ruckus was about.

"What's going on?" I asked with a small yawn. "Nothing, to be honest. Just watching some TV. By the way, you're aunt's on television right now." Ryuk mentioned. I looked at the TV as I saw my aunt's face on the screen.

"Yes, I've heard about that, too

"Yes, I've heard about that, too. It just pisses me the hell off." She said. "What is she talking about?" I asked. "They were talking about how many women have been groped on the subway." Calikarcha said. I raised a brow before walking over to the couch, joining them.

"Some even say even women like you enjoy being groped." The man with her said. "Oh, don't out me like that, Takanoka." The aunt chuckled. "Why would women enjoy being groped on the subway? It just sounds gross." I said.

"Maybe some day when you're on the subway, and you start to get groped, you might like it." Ryuk laughed. "Ew! No way!" I said. I went to a different channel and we started to watch a horror movie. I don't know why, but I started to get a little bit of inspiration from the movie.

"I'll be right back." I informed. I got up from the couch and went to my room, grabbing my art supplies. I went back to the living room and spread my supplies out on the coffee table. "What are you doing, Ryoko?" Gook asked. "You'll see." I said, getting to work.

After about an hour of nonstop drawing, I leaned back on the couch, exhausted. "Nice drawings." Calikarcha commented. Thanks." I smiled. "Really impressive. Got a name for them?" Gook asked. I leaned forward, examining each of my drawings.

"Yep. This one with the all jewelry is Armonia Justin Beyondormason. This is Daril Ghiroza, Deridovely, Kinddara Guivelostain, Midora, Nu, Sidoh, and Zellogi." I introduced.