Chapter 1

When she was born her parents were broke, recent college grads, and thousands of miles away from their nearest relatives. They were alone, and scared. They went into the hospital unsure of what would happen once they left, but they held their breath parked the falling apart car and Ted Loveless pushed his wife Monica into the ER. After 4 hours of labor she was finally born at 8:59 PM on August 19th 2000. That night while their new daughter was sound asleep in her father's arms Monica Loveless turned to her husband and said,

"What are we gonna call her?" he turned to her the little newborn baby still sound asleep in his arms. He was unsure what to respond because they wanted to be surprised on the day the baby was born. He was convinced though that it was going to be a boy he even made a list of boy names. He wasn't going to admit that to his wife so he said what anyone else in this situation would say,

"I don't know."

"Well we have to think of something. Maybe they have a book." she responded.

"How about Emily?" He suggested.

"Emily? Do you how many Emily's she will meet in her life! It is way too overused. You seriously didn't think of any baby names in 9 months?"
"I did, but I was just expecting something a little different." he said not wanting to come out and say it completely.

"'Something a little different?'" she questioned then suddenly it hit her.

"You were expecting a boy!"

"Well yeah! I never pictured myself having a daughter." He said honestly.

"Well good thing you don't have to picture it anymore." Monica said gesturing to her newborn daughter still asleep in her husband's arms.

"Well what about you? Do you have any names?" Ted questioned back at her.

"Of course I do! BOY AND GIRL NAMES! They're all just wrong for her.

"Let me hear your list. He pointed to the piece of paper next to her.

"No!" She grabbed the paper and pulled in closer to her. "I told you they are all wrong for her. Let me hear your's."

"But mine are for boys."

"So we can maybe get inspiration or something."

"Fine." He picked up the paper and started "Daniel, Matthew, Caleb, Aiden, Ja--"

"Wait!" I like Aiden but not for a first name like a middle name or something.

"Really?" Ted looked very very unsure. "I don't know."

"Just keep reading then."

"He looked down at his list and continued, Jack, August, and Adam. That's all I got."

Monica sat there biting her thumb nail staring at the wall and after 3 minutes she said "give me the baby." Ted got up and handed her the little girl still undisturbed by being moved.

Monica started at her and said "I've got it."

"What is it?" Ted questioned.

"Keep an open mind though darling." she said smiling.

"Okay, I'll try." he responded reluctantly.

"August Aiden Loveless."

"What?" he responded not knowing what else to say.

"Come on think about it. It's a new millennium. It is a different time we can name her the name August and she can make her own legacy for the name. When people look up her name they will find her because she will have put that name on the map she can be the first girl August. Don't you ever hate your parents for giving you the most common name in the world come on Theodore? I know I've always wanted to have a unique name like Brynn or Avery, but I got stuck with Monica."
Ted who was previously standing sat down and just as Monica did earlier stared at the wall for 3 minutes then said "I agree we need to let her be her own person without the pressure of a name on her back. When people hear August Aiden Loveless they will be most definitely shocked when she walks in."