An all Most Perfect Day

"Good afternoon Ladies!" Mrs. Oswald falsely said and with a forced smile to Mr. Jones the shopkeeper. "Children." She simply said with a small wave of her hand in our direction. "Good afternoon Alice." Mrs. Whitelock managed to stammer out without to much dislike. Mr. Jones bowed deeply and muttered with much dislike in his tone" Good after noon ma'am." And my mother was the best one off all and spoke in perfect politeness " Well good afternoon Mrs. Oswald and Clara, how are you on this very fine afternoon?" 

 Yes! I thought in my head my mother was very good at hiding her feelings and she was especially good at it towards Mrs. Oswald who she particularly did not like, well I guess no one like the Oswalds very much anyway. Though everyone was polite to them because Mr. Oswald owned the Lumber mill, railroad, post office, waterworks, The Mount Beaufort Tribune and The Young Ladies Institute Academy. So he was the richest man and family in town with the biggest house. 

" Very well thank you, Diana." Said Mrs. Oswald briskly while Clara nodded her head in my Mothers direction and replied 

" Very fine Mrs. Hale."  Mr. Jones then asked Mrs. Oswald how he could help her and they then both whisked off to the counter. Clara Stayed by the door Fanning herself lightly while examining her gloves. My mother hesitated for just a second and then said to me and Chloe.

"Go on home now, ladies." 

"Yes." Said Mrs. Whitlock "Go Chloe and inform Mathilda that I want supper on the table when I get home."