Chapter 16-Revelation Of Truth

NAGISA'S POV

I had to tell them. I had to rid of the nagging ache that was eating me alive. I wanted to patch up where I had left them those years ago. It was just a month, twenty-eight to thirty unforgettable days. I admit, it was one of the best times I had in a month. Ryuu. Jun. Megumi. The very first friends I had made in Japan, the very people that made me even more intrigued about my Japanese roots.

Also, there was Kei, my cousin. The entire side of the Takishima family had bought the adoption lie, because they couldn't even care less about me and my parents. There was also Sui, my younger cousin. I wanted to tell them, to at least not hide to my cousins, who were not related in this strain in relationship. I didn't see the point in hiding from them. It only made me constantly lurk in the shadows of their minds, a secret or mystery. The last thing I wanted was those rumours.

I was already nothing but a hollow shell of my old self. But I was ready to move on in life, to make it as full as it can be, even if it never returns to its original fullness.

I sucked in a deep breath, gathering as much courage as I could. Pulling my socks all the way up to my knees, I slipped on the brown loafers and made my way to the greenhouse. I was ready to slack, making notes only a week before the tests so that I could amend and make test papers with the teacher's guidance.

I walked to school passing by a jam of fancy black cars sending students to the academy. Couldn't they learn to save fuel by either walking or carpooling?

I was greeted by Jun and Megumi the moment I walked in. Once Ryuu comes, I'll tell them. I can't leave them in the dark now that the secrets of my family background slowly unravels itself.

I squeaked and jumped when something barrelled towards my leg. I hear Ryuu laughing as I calmed myself. Looking down, I saw the source of my little fright attack.

A tiny little tiger cub looked at me innocently with kitty eyes, the cat version of puppy eyes. I wanted to coo at how adorable it looked, but I restrained myself. I picked up the agile little cub and nuzzled its nose.

"Don't ever do that again, you cheeky tiger." I whispered in English, before chuckling and placing it in on the floor.

I turned to Ryuu and the twins. I can't keep sidetracking.

"I need to speak with the three of you-"

"Oh! Today's such a nice day! Has Akira arrived yet?"

Anger was flaring from inside of me, rapidly boiling from the deep volcanic core of my body, the steam rising non-stop, puffing out of my ears like a chimney during a cold, winter day.

I turned my head, glaring holes into Tadashi for interrupting me. He paled, but didn't say a word.

"Why don't you go check the kitchen, Tadashi? Or maybe just wait for her somewhere?" I said in a sickly sweet voice, trying my best not to hint at how pissed I was. However, anyone who heard the restraint and tone in my voice could tell I was far from happy.

Tadashi probably received the obvious hints I was giving him as he strolled to his seat silently. Jun and Megumi reminded me of what I was trying to say before I was interrupted.

Somehow, all the confidence, and courage I was building up to this very moment vanished into thin air. Apologising with the excuse of memory loss, I promised to tell them another day, maybe tomorrow. They didn't really eat up my sorry excuse, but they had accepted it with a smile.

The five of us sat in silence before Kei arrived with Hikari hot on his trail. Once he sat down, I gathered whatever tiny bits and pieces of courage I had left, and spoke.