Part 2

Thanks for your response.

----------------

"But how is it possible, on all of Karthik's certificates his name is as Karthik Singh. Plus he never even once mentioned about being....", spoke Naitik in confusion.
"About him being a prince", Manish completed the sentence for him with a smile and the Singhanias and Maheshwaris nodded positively while the Rajputs just gave a soft knowing smile to one another.
"The thing is when Karthik was around 7 years old. He came from school and looked extremely upset. When we asked him about the matter he told us that no one would be his friend because the childrens parents had told their kids that Karthik was the Prince of Rajasthan and that they were not equal to him as they were not Royals like him and that he had a higher status than all of them and though today he (Karthik) may call them as his friends but one day he was sure to boss them around like a prince. Also he always hated when the teachers gave him any special attention. We couldn't see him so sad. So we got his admission done in another school where no one except the highest school authority knew who Karthik was.", said Akhilesh
"Even while attending University, he asked us not to reveal his identity. That is reason why his every certificate has Karthik Singh written on it", Manish explained
"When Karthik came back, 8 months ago after his course got over, we wanted to have his crowning ceremony but he requested us for sometime, around a year to live a normal commoners life for the last time. He is the apple of our eyes, so we couldn't deny him. He then went to Rishikesh with few of his friends. While he was there he had applied for the job at Singhania Diamonds over here", said Suhasini
"Maa Ji you remember how happy he was the day he told us he was selected for the job. We could see him jumping on his bed (hotel bed because that time he wasn't staying at Maheshwaris) in excitement. Pagalon ki tarha khush ho raha tha. His joy knew no bounds. He was so happy about being able to get a normal job. People are usually happy if they would get a big ready made business and lots of inherited wealth but this boy was happy at scoring a small job. He is completely crazy", said Surekha ruffling his hair lovingly and Karthik gave his usual contagious smile.
"Enough of talking about us. I want to meet Naira, where is she", said Suvarna scanning the room. Bua Dadi stood infront of Naira before Suvarna could see her as she thought Naira did not look presentable enough. She had casual top and jeans. Her only make up was her peachy lipstick and her hair wasn't styled either. Girls were normally more dressed up when the boys family came to see them and here it was the Royal family in question she surely didn't want Naira to be seen so plain by them.
"She isn't ready yet", Bua Dadi said. Naira was confused because she was right here it never occurred to her that Bua Dadi thought she didn't look "presentable". Because she hated fakeness she always showed the world what she actually was. She never pretended.
"I am right here", announced Naira coming out infront
All the Rajputs stared at her for a moment. She was beginning to get nervous.
"Just like I imagined my Karthik's bride to be", said Suvarna placing a hand on her cheek
"I appreciate your honesty beta. You could have easily gone up gotten ready. Showed us a fake image of yourself but you chose to be honest. To show that this is you a plain simple girl. And trust me when I say this if you had come down dressed like a girl usually does when the boys family comes for a visit. I might have thought alot before saying yes for the alliance whole heartedly but seeing your honesty I am pleased, I am proud of my Rajkumar's choice.", said Suhasini coming closer to Naira and caressing her hair.

"Lunch is ready, why don't we sit down to eat", Akshara said and everyone nodded.

Lunch went smoothly and quick and all were again seated in the living room.

"Naira, Karthik now both of you are still young but from what I have observed while being here you both seem really in love. So do want to get married now or do you want to wait and for how long.", asked Suvarna. Naira looked confused not knowing what to apply. While Karthik looked at Naira waiting for her answer.
"Naira beta you can tell us whatever is there in your mind", Manish told her.
"Uncle it is just that I don't know myself what I want. Plus am still in shock because Karthik never mentioned a word about him being a real prince", Naira replied sincerely
"Let me clear somethings for you. So it might be easier for you to take a decision. We will be having Karthik's crowning ceremony in four months on Karthik's 25th birthday. So you will be becoming the Queen very soon and that is a big responsibility but you will always have maa ji, me and Surekha to teach you everything. We will make sure to help you at every step. If it pleases you, then you can join the business, ours (Rajputs also have a very big business, the deal in gems, hotels, cars and many other things) or your father's whatever you wish and if not that you may start whatever like you. You can also continue your studies if you don't want to work. Maa ji, me and Surekha will handle things like we are doing now. You won't have any pressure on your shoulders.", spoke Suvarna.
"We have told Karthik the same. I don't want to pressurise Karthik with the states responsibilities but neither do I want what happened 24 years back. Bade bhai sa, loved both of his younger brothers alot. He pampered us and took care of everything himself. He let us enjoy while he did all the work himself. we used to ask him to share the load but he used to say we must live our life and he was there for us. But when he left us everything became a mess. Me and chote (Akhilesh) knew nothing about the business or the state. We had no idea how to go about things, we were lost. Maa was there with us and few of bade bhaisa's trusted companions but still it took more than a year for us to get the hang of things and even longer for the people to trust us. They had seen bhaisa as their ruler, me or Akhilesh hardly attended any meetings where the state affairs were discussed. People didn't trust us and it took time to gain that trust. None of us want these situations to rise again, that is why we want Karthik to take over the throne while we our still there so that the people have time to learn to trust him and he has time to learn how to handle all the issues. He can continue working in Singhania Diamonds like now or join our business or if he wishes he can completely focus on the kingdom. You and Karthik are the same for us so the same will apply to you.", Manish told Naira.
"Naira beta you don't need to tell your decision right away. It is a big choice you are going to make. You take your time talk with your family. Ask any questions to us if you are not comfortable talking to us Karthik is always there.", Akhilesh assured
"Months later or years later no matter when but you will become my Rajkumar's wife that is why I want to give you these bangles. The design is 25 years old. Karthik's mother had got them for her would be daughter in law when Karthik was a week old. I called her crazy but she told me she didn't want to risk anything and what if something happened to her before Karthik got married, in that case this bangle would showcase her love for her daughter in law. At that I never thought she would actually leave us soon. This bangle is for no shagun or anything such. It is Karthik's parents love for you.", said Suhasini holding the bangle after earning a smile from her parents Naira lifted up her hand and dadi slipped the bangle in her hand.

Rajputs took leave and Karthik went along with them.

---------------------

Press the star to vote if you like the update.
Do comment about your views.