Chapter 13

So many people are reading...didn't think so many people would care about my writing, but thank you <3333

(Totally optional, but I suggest more to the end of the chapter though) Song of the chapter: "Something Just Like This" by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay

Chapter 13 - The Belly of the Beast

I hadn't gone to the drive-in that night and gladly Jughead understood. He hadn't pressured me, just simply asked if I was sure and I nodded.

Now the weekend had passed and it was the start of a new week...new slate. Kevin was pinning a series of pictures and articles up on the cork board, explaining to Jughead, Betty, and I how his father had his set up before someone completely destroyed it the night of the drive-in.

"Any leads on who did that?" I asked gently, sitting beside Jughead as he observed the board intently, trying to memorize every detail.

"Nope. No finger prints. They stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audio files of police interviews." Kevin sighed.

Disrupting our train of thoughts, trying to pin a suspect on who could've done this, someone burst through the door semi-shyly.

"Hey, Betty..." the tall teenager smiled at the blonde and I raised an eyebrow.

"Trev, hi..." Betty grinned, friendly.

"Sorry to interrupt.." Trev said, walking further into the room and I noticed Jughead staring him down.

"No, no, it's all right. We were just working on our..."

Betty was trying to lie thought Jughead had finished her sentence with, "..murder board." He blandly said, disinterested entirely of this kids existence as his fingertips were over his mouth. Betty nodded nervously, keeping her crinkled bright eyes to the boy.

"Well, I was just wondering if we were still on for tomorrow night.." Trev explained with a nervous and wary smile.

"Absolutely. It's a date!" Betty announced with a wide grin and I now turned my full attention to her, my eyebrows raised. "..I meant...I'll see you there.." she saved herself as they both chuckles nervously and the boy walked out backwards slowly.

"So you're going on a date with..Trev.." Kevin stated as Betty spun toward the three of us, the tall teen making it as if it the hardest thing in the world was to say those four letters. "Does mama cooper know about that?"

"Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Betty rolled her eyes and I scoffed.

"Sweetheart, you've been on house arrest since we were 8." I laughed and now she scoffed, more annoyed while mine was in disbelief.