His Woman

I swear, these dolls give me life!! norikonokoya , your are a genius! 💜💜💜

"You took one, didn't you?" Megan's voice on the other end of the line sounds strong, demanding.

"What?! Meg, no. No!" You rub your face and take a glass of water from the nightstand.

"Then why the hell are you still in bed?! I know exactly what time it is there!"

Oh no! Not another private investigation from Megan Chase!

"Meg, it was an exhausting day yesterday and I felt kind of sick so..."

"Why haven't I been able to reach you for the last 3 days? Huh? You hung up on me when someone appeared at your door. Was it him?"

You close your eyes and take a deep breath. Here we go again!

"Was it?"

"Yes! Yes, Meg! It was him! I don't have a clue why he ended up at my door that night!"

"And obviously no clue why he ended up in your bed later," she states rather than asks.

"Well, technically, I ended up in his," you rub your temples; a headache is ready to strike.

"Bloody hell! Then why am I hearing this tragic undertone in your voice? Did he offend you? Did he hurt you--"

"Megan, no--"

"Oh, dear! He is some kind of a sexual freak, isn't he? Mary, I told you to be--"

"Good Lord! Shut up Megan!" You hear yourself shouting finally awakening an unbearable throbbing headache. "Sorry... Nothing like that, Meg. He didn't do anything I didn't want him to."

"So I assume it was good."

"Yes. More than," the memory of that night sends shivers down your spine.

"So why the tragedy? Why are you here now and not with him at his ridiculously enormous ranch, enjoying your lunch on a terrace or something?"

"Because I'm pathetic!" You jump out of the bed and approach the window, looking out blindly, biting your nails. "Next afternoon he told me he had to go somewhere, but I could stay and wait for him if I wanted... I left."

"You did what?!" Megan yells on top of her lungs, "You are not pathetic, Morgan, you are a bloody imbecile!"

"What was I supposed to do, Megan? Sit and wait for him like a puppy, sniffing his footprints and whining plaintively? He didn't even bother telling me where he was going! Just asked me, 'Would you stay, please?' as if I was waiting for that all my life!"

"Girl, that guy must be really good! He managed to knock the brain out of your head in one night!" you can hear Megan's bitter laughter.

"Oh, shut up, you! He is not ready for this! He will never accept me into his world, change plans for me. Not only because we spent a night together, even though it was the most amazing sex I have ever had!"

"Exactly, you moron! You should have stayed there, welcomed him into your soothing embrace after a long and tiring day," Megan recites in a sing-song voice, "and then fucked the hell out of him. You should get him addicted to you, if you like. And what do you do instead? Run away cowardly, hide in your shell, swallowing those nasty pills of yours to turn off your mind!"

"I'm not his sex toy, Megan." You try to stand your ground, knowing that she actually has the point. "And I haven't taken any pills."

"Yeah, right. And I am the Queen of England!"