Unexpected

FRODOPOV

"I can help." Boromir approached, carrying kindling for the fire. Something in his eyes changed, and he dropped the wood. "Give it to me."

"No!" I denied, pulling away. He raised his upper lip in anger.

"What did you..." His demeanor shifted. "Frodo... I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." The odd look in his eyes had disappeared. "It was just... the Ring. Can you please forgive me?" I hesitated.

"I... I forgive you." I hid the Ring under my shirt. Smiling, Boromir picked up the wood.

"Thank you, Frodo Baggins." He paused, angling his head. "Do you hear that?" I listened carefully, and barely heard the sound of loud thudding on the ground.

"What is that?"

"Orcs!" Boromir hissed, pushing me out of the way. "Go, back to the camp! Tell the others where I am!" I didn't wait to be told twice. I ran as fast as my little Hobbit legs could carry me.

"Aragorn! Sam! Legolas!" I puffed breathlessly, tumbling down the beach and into the water.

"Mister Frodo! What's got you all upset?"

"It's... Boromir! He went... to fight Orcs that had been tracking us!" Aragorn jumped up.

"We need to find him! Where is he?"

"We were over by an ancient stone ruin!"

"Do you remember where you came from?"

"This way!" I ran through the trees with the rest of the Fellowship behind me.

BOROMIRPOV

I felt terrible for trying to steal the Ring. What had I been thinking? I sent Frodo off to find the other members. For now, I would hold off the Orcs.

"I smell man-flesh!" a rough voice barked, sniffing at the air. I'd hidden behind the stone structure and readied my sword. The Horn of Gondor suspended from my belt, and I soundlessly removed it. Holding it to my lips, I released my breath into the mouthpiece and sounded the call of alarm.

ARAGORNPOV

"That's it! The Horn!" Legolas effortlessly leaped through the forest, following the young Hobbit. Orcs were now clearly heard through the trees, with the clashing of steel.

"We need to help Boromir! He can't take on the Orcs by himself," Frodo called back, pushing through a patch of bushes. I unsheathed my sword, and Legolas brought out his bow. Frodo's sword glowed blue, and the other Hobbits had their blades.

"Boromir!" I shouted, and most of the Orcs turned to face me.

"Capture the little ones, but don't kill 'em!" an Uruk-Hai ordered.

"Then I assume you're safe?" Legolas smirked at Gimli, who scowled in return.

"I'm sure they'll be able to tell the difference."

"Pity."

"I'm sure I'll kill more than you, Elf!"

"Not our main problem, you two!" I snapped, charging forwards. Orcs snarled, baring their teeth as we crashed through their ranks. The Hobbits yelled and slashed left and right. I was relieved to know they were safe-- until Pippin got an arrow in the chest.

BOROMIRPOV

I was entirely relieved to see the Fellowship charge through the forest.

"Capture the little ones, but don't kill 'em!" the lead Orc growled. My friends and I charged into battle. I slit the throats of several beasts and beheaded another. My sword made a suction noise as I plunged it into an Orc's chest.