Chapter Eight

"Morality asked me to accompany him on a romantic outing." Logic said bluntly.

"About time." I said.

I ate another Dorito from my bag as I talked to Logic.

"Don't you want to know what I told him?" Logic asked.

I shrugged. "I don't really care."

"Too bad." Logic said. "I told him I would. Accompany him, that is. On a romantic outing."

"So now we're both involved in this gross thing called romance." I said. "Who would expect us of all people to have boyfriends?"

"Hold up. Did you just admit to Prince being your boyfriend?" Logic asked.

"Don't pretend you didn't already know." I said. "It's not that big of a deal either way."

"You can try to undermine the situation if you wish," Logic said. "But in all reality, it's actually pretty significant to you. You've liked Prince for a while. You might hate romance like I do, but there's no denying that. Now you two can be together and dwell on your gross romantic feelings."

"Like you and Morality?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Possibly." Logic said. "So you do care about what happens between Morality and myself after all?"

"Not really, it's just better than talking about me and Prince." I said. "Anyways, how did he ask you out? Please tell me he didn't do that thing he did on Valentine's Day, with the paper?"

"Thankfully, no. He just proposed the idea of going out together. He was really direct about it. He got really nervous when he was talking, and as reluctant as I am to admit it, it was actually sort of cute." Logic said. "However, it's worth admitting that Morality and I are certainly no paragon of romance, that's for sure. Morality's much more of a romantic than I'll ever be, so we'll see how this goes. I have my concerns, but I'm willing to try. I might despise emotions but there's no denying I feel them for Morality." 

"Good for you." I said.

A moment of silence passed between us.

"Isn't it interesting how you can never really control who you fall in love with, or when it happens, or how many times you fall in love?" I said. "You can attempt to influence it, but when push comes to shove, it all comes down to emotions and fate, if you believe in that kind of stuff."

"Don't pretend you would change anything if you had the chance. You like Prince." Logic said.

I sighed reluctantly. "I guess you're right." I mumbled.

"As usual." Logic said, confidently readjusting his nerdy glasses.

Logic hesitated, letting a moment pass between us once again before speaking again. "Have you noticed that romance never is tied to specifically one emotion, or even one aspect of Thomas's personality? It's several, working together in perfect synchronization to create a combination of lots of different emotions, and that's what humans categorize as 'romance'."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If you had to choose any one of the aspects of Thomas's personality to say they embodied Thomas's romantic side, you would probably choose Prince, because his department does, in fact, overlap with romance in a lot of scenarios. Possibly you would choose Morality, because he does embody Thomas's heart, his soul. However, romance isn't limited to one, or even two, aspects of Thomas's personality. When one has a 'crush', as people call it, on another, they tend to feel multiple emotions. Morality's childlike jubilee and Prince's romantic extravagance have affected Thomas greatly when he's developed romantic feelings for another, but think about it. How many times have you popped up when Thomas was with someone he felt romantic feelings for?" Logic inquired.

"That's not romance, though." I said. "It's nervousness, the fear that you'll do something wrong in front of your crush. That's where I come in."

"However, aren't those two things correlated often enough for the anxiety to be considered a part of romance?" Logic asked. "Romance isn't always rainbows and unicorns. There's several sides to it, and anxiety is among those."

"I hadn't thought about it that way before." I said hesitantly.

"So, theoretically, I assume that's why you developed feelings for someone else. Because anxiety and romance are not exactly contradictory." Logic said.

"What about you, then? How is logic a part of romance?" I asked.

"Well, in a way, isn't logic a bit of everything humans do in their everyday lives? It takes logic to make wise decisions, and it takes logic to know what's best for you. I don't really enjoy situations that dwell too heavily on feelings, and there have been several times when Morality and I have bickered with the reasoning that I embody the polar opposite of emotions, but at the same time, there have been several times when I have used logic to help Thomas in a feelings-y scenario." Logic said. "It's only a theory, what I have, but it's a plausible one."

"So you're saying that all of Thomas's aspects play a part in romance, just some of us play a smaller part than others?" I said.

"Precisely." Logic nodded. "Romance isn't an aspect of one's personality, and that's why all four of us are part of it." 

"Interesting." I said, biting into another chip.

~~~

Sorry this chapter is so short, but personally, I like it, and so I hope you guys do too!