2

Thank you so much for 200 reads :))

Word Count: 1204

Music Link: Fairy Tail-Shukumei

-----NATSU'S POV-----

"(Y/N)! This isn't funny anymore," I call running through the fog through the forest. My small child-like footsteps trip up on a root erupting from the ground. I sit up and spit out the dirt, I groan loudly in frustration.

Running through the forest, strange bubbles floated around. Curiously, I glanced into one of the bubbles which had something moving inside-it was a memory. The day of (Y/N) and my first meeting. I look at all the other large bubbles, each one of them containing a memory shared between (Y/N) and I. How I scarred her eye, when we went hunting in the forest, when we trained with Igneel, when I was envious that she was a better reader than I was, the day we were reunited at the guild, and the start of our small family with Happy and Popi. I reached out to touch the last bubble but before I could touch it a loud squeal of distress echoed through the fog.

"(Y/N)!" I yell chasing the sound of her cries. I come to a stop when I see a shadowing figure, sitting on their knees on the grassy floor, the body was shaking and weeping. The fog began to clear as my breath was caught in my throat seeing who it was.

(Y/N)'s (H/L), (H/C) hair was messy and cluttered with mud, sticks and dried blood, her (E/C) eyes were no longer there-just a black abyss staring dead into my soul, red tears of blood tricked down her cheeks from her eyes, her legs were broken and her arms littered with scabs and bruises. Her hands tainted with the colour of her own blood pooling around her as the grass stained with a dark red, her torso had a gaping hole on the side as she cried louder.

My legs shook, my body was trembling at the state of her as she cried louder, "Why? Why didn't you save me?"

I wanted to respond, but my voice wouldn't let me, "Natsu," she whispered-blood splattering out from her mouth, "You could've saved me-but you didn't."

I stepped closer, desperate to reach out to her, she was in pain. But for every step I took, she just got further and further away.

"No!" I cry extending my arm out to her. She looked at me with her black lifeless eyes.

"I'm not here."

"(Y/N)!" I gasp, my hand outstretched to the...ceiling?

I look around my surroundings, taking in that I'm in an extremely comfortable bed. I see Happy sleeping beside me and a figure on the floor. She sits up and her blonde hair comes into view, "What's going on?" she yawns.

I sigh loudly looking down at the sheets covering my clothed legs, "It was just a dream."

It seemed almost too real, was (Y/N) really in that much pain when she passed?

Lucy growls, getting up in my face, "Natsu! If you're gonna steal my bed you could at least try to look a little happier!"

I etch my eyebrows in confusion, I glance at the blonde wearing her pink pyjamas.

Lucy wasn't anything like (Y/N), to me at least anyways, they were opposites. In appearance, sure, but more personality. For instance, (Y/N) although she got mad at me it wasn't for weird things, she was always kind hearted and saw the best in people. She would never judge someone upon first meeting. She was mentally, physically and emotionally strong, even after all the pain she had suffered. (Y/N) was always modest but very anxious. She never saw herself as gorgeous or pretty, she always claimed that she had a 'masculine' physique. I didn't believe so.

In fact, no matter how hard I hated to admit it and I never did to her face-she looked nice.

She was nothing like Lucy.

Lucy was always pestering me, and is quite judgemental of other people before getting to know them. True, she manages to find the good in people but not as immediate as (Y/N). Lucy was strong with her spirits, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't the strongest when it came to physical strength. I'm not afraid of her when she's mad, (Y/N) when she was mad; start running. Lucy knew she was good-looking and used that, I'll admit, she had a nice shape but the fact that she was self-centred about it kind of put me off. Although (Y/N) was a confident speaker, Lucy was a confident walker.

"What?" I ask returning to Earth land after spacing out. She began to flail her arms about in frustration, "That's it Natsu! I'm done doing nice things for you! I sleep on the cold, hard floor and this is the kind of thanks you give me?!"

Yup, she's reached crazy town.

Happy yawns waking up, rubbing his eyes, "Geez Lucy," he yawns, "Do you have to be so loud first thing in the morning?"

She growls as a dark aura looms over her, Happy and I block our ears waiting for her loud complaint. Tired, she stops as she looks at me with concern.

"Huh?" I ponder.

"Are you alright? What were you dreaming about? You had a nightmare, didn't you?" She asks.

I didn't want to bother her with my worries about a girl she never met, I chuckle scratching the back of my head, "Nah I was dreaming about food." I guess it was a silent plea for breakfast at Lucy's place.

"Aye sir!" Happy exclaims awake patting his stomach.

"Well you ain't getting any of mine," Lucy denies.

-----??'S POV-----

I sat there silently, tugging at the strings of my shredded cloth across my breasts. I hear royal guards walk past talking about something which sparked my attention.

"So, I hear the great King is planning on bringing another giant lacrima from Earth land to the kingdom."

"Yeah and once it comes there'll be a week until the ceremony."

A loud banging rattles across the bars of my cell, I weakly look over seeing the guards, "You hear that shorty? It won't be long until you're finally out of here."

"Wh-what do you want f-from m-me?" I ask weak, having not spoken for a whole week.

"You'll see soon." He cackles and the other laughs. He throws a piece of bread through the cell, slightly burnt and a little stale.

I crawled over to it like I was a possessed rat, I pick it up knowing it'll do for now. I ignore the bread's texture and scoff it down my throat getting the smallest bit of strength to continue surviving.

-----NATSU'S POV-----

I was returning the guild from the path where (Y/N)'s and Popi's tombstones perched at our secret spot. Walking through the pathway, Happy and I stop, hearing the echoing sounds of bells I knew far too well. "Natsu! Those bells!" Happy exclaims with a smile.

"That's right buddy, old Gildarts is coming back home!"

"Aye yeah!"

Something inside me exploded in joy as I sprinted towards the guild before the Shift was to begin. With Gildarts coming home, after being gone for even longer than (Y/N), it made me happy knowing that not everyone I have close to me is gone forever.