The Honeymoon pt. 1

Warning: There is a bit of smut in this part, but only in the beginning and I tried not to make it really graphic. If at any point you get uncomfortable just skip to after the page break and everything will be just fine. Also, sorry for any mistakes and stuff you may find. I do my best to proofread but something still might have slipped by me.

___________________________________________________________

Sherlock and John had originally planned to stay in the ballroom for the entire duration of their reception, though around the time of their third dance they found it impossible to keep their hands or lips off of each other and decided it would be in everyone's best interest if they left early to get a jump start on their honeymoon.

They remained glued at the hip as they stood at the entrance to give a formal goodbye before they left. There were just turning to go when a voice shouted from the back of the room:

"I guess we won't be able to call you The Virgin anymore, Sherlock!"

"You can't call me that now!" he shouted back, brow furrowed and eyes narrowed in indignation. He looked incredibly insulted, and John understood why. Still, that didn't keep his ears from burning when the audience's laughter ended with a collective gasp. John shouted one more goodbye before grabbing Sherlock's hand and dragging him out of the room.

"Well, seems like someone's in a hurry," Sherlock drawled, draping himself across John and causing him to stumble on his way to pick up their room key. John ignored his comment and tried to be upset at Sherlock's earlier retort, but found it impossible, and laughed as he unlocked the door.

The room was elegantly furnished, but John didn't get a chance to fully take it in because the moment the door was closed Sherlock had John pressed against it and was kissing him furiously, hands already working at the buttons of his tuxedo jacket. Once the garment was removed from John's shoulders Sherlock's hands went to cup John's face, and the kissed turned soft. Sherlock pulled away slowly, only far enough away to stare into John's eyes.

"We're married." A wide smile spread across his face, and soon there was an answering grin on John's face as well.

"Yes," he said, reaching up to trail a finger along Sherlock's jaw. "We are."

"John Hamish Watson-Holmes. What a marvelous name."

"William Sherlock Scott Watson-Holmes ... what a mouthful." Sherlock glared at him, but John just laughed and gave him a quick kiss. "You go ahead to the bedroom. I'll pour us some champagne."

"Like we'll actually have time to drink it before-"

"Bedroom." Sherlock's spine straightened and he gave John one hard kiss before retreating through the door. John had only poured one glass when he heard Sherlock call his name.

"John!"

He poured another glass, then carried the two champagne flutes into the bedroom where Sherlock was and saw him standing beside the bed, hands on his hips, brow slightly furrowed as he stared down at it. He handed Sherlock one of the flutes and looked down at the bed, smiling when he saw the rose petal heart that had been created on the duvet. Sherlock held a hand out towards the bed, raising the glass to his mouth to take a quick sip.

"That's a bit much, don't you think?" He asked, his eyes meeting John's. His face was displeased but there was something in his eyes that told a different story. John watched Sherlock as he surveyed the room, noticed how often his eyes drifted towards the bed, and laughed.

"You like it." Sherlock turned his gaze on John, his eyes questioning. "The rose petals, the champagne, the romance." Sherlock huffed and pretended to be annoyed, but John could see the telltale blush creeping across his cheeks. He placed his champagne flute down on the bedside table and turned back to John, grabbing his hip with one large hand and placing a kiss just beneath his ear.