Vah Ruta

Somewhere in Central Hyrule rested a small, peaceful village where young boys trained to be knights and adventurers as their family tree had decided. It was here that a group of boys found their way into a thick forest near the village to go exploring. The one in the lead, and looking the most excited and confident, carried a wooden play sword with him and whacked at every branch that got in his way. The 10 year old boy marched triumphantly through the maze of trees, often getting sticks and leaves in his messy golden hair. The other boys seemed cautious about their surroundings, wondering whether this little misadventure was a good idea.

"Link, slow down!" One of them called out to the leading boy.

"Speed up! Nothings stopping me!" The young boy, Link, called back to his companion. He was on a mission and he was going to fulfil it. He was going to get through that forest and find some of the treasure he had heard about in the village via the rumor book he had found. So far, Link was far ahead of the others and finally, they all left figuring it wasn't worth the trouble. However, Link continued and, after a few more whacks with his wooden weapon, he made it to the clearing.

"Wooooah," whispered Link in awe. He stared open mouthed at the beauty of the world beyond the trees. All the dirt pathways he was used to were completely removed and replaced with the greenest grass. Green was definitely his favorite color now. But his pause was short lived. Link still had a mission, and it was his duty to find that treasure. Link ran as fast as his little energetic legs could carry him, farther toward the river where the treasure was said to be. He could hear the rushing water, feel the sun's rays on his face. He was the happiest he had ever been in all his life. That's when he heard the low grunt of a bokoblin. He crouched low to the ground and slowly crept forward, wooden sword at the ready. Normal children would stop the journey here and call it quits, but not him. For Link, it was all part of the fun and, after a few more painfully slowly steps, he pounced at his seemingly helpless prey. After beating the bokoblin upside the head a few times, the monster was knocked back. Then the bokoblin took out it's goat horn and blew in it, sounding an alarm. Link was confused at first, but soon learned he was in trouble once five more bokoblins came from the bushes a few moments later. Link quickly thrust himself forward into action, hacking and slashing at any and all of his opponents until his weapon broke. It was after picking up an actual sword that he started to do some damage. It seemed he was born to fight, he stabbed blocked, and parried his way through his foes as if they were training dummies. Two of the six were done in while the other four were starting to get fatigued. However, unfortunately, so was Link. The bokoblin showed their superiority in battle as Link got hit with blow after blow, sending him to the ground beaten and bruised. Little did he know, another bokoblin hid in the bushes, with a bomb arrow aimed directly toward the young boy. As link slowly got up, the grip on the arrow was tightened. Then, another arrow came whizzing through the four moblins and hit link directly in his shoulder, causing him to faint in pain and landing the rushing river. The bokoblin let loose of the bomb arrow at the sound of the other projectile and hit a nearby rock, crushing his other companions. The bokoblin growled in frustration as all he could do was watch as the child who caused so much trouble, simply drifted away.

Mipha needed to get out. She had been cooped up in her room the entire day and wanted some fresh air and a nice swim. She looked over her bedside at her Ceremonial Trident and thought about the rest of the world she hadn't explored, all the places she hadn't been. Finally, with a look of dedication, the teenage Zora had made up her mind. She would go see how the Hylians were doing with their digging and explore a bit of uncharted territory. She got up and went to her vanity mirror to do her lipstick. After all, she always wanted to look her best. Plus her father only allowed lipstick so she would take as much advantage of this little freedom as she could. She decided on pink to match her white and crimson scales. Then a smaller red figure came to her doorway.