Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time there was a person. Their beauty was so bright, it shone like a million fireflies. They loved their people and would do anything for them. One day a masked person came to them. Telling them that if they don't take this claw then they would poison all of their people. Of course the person said yes; they would do anything for their people.
     The masked person gave them the claw. Once the claw was placed in their hand the masked person disappeared and the claw started burning. Shaking their hand, they hoped to make the pain disappear. The pain did stop after a few minutes. When they looked at their hand, the tooth was tattooed on their hand. The words resounded within their head,'you will always be this way except for nights. To break the curse you now behold you must truly love someone, whether they be a friend or a lover. Take care and have fun.' What the masked person didn't count on is that the they did not care about their beauty, all they cared about was their people.
     Quickly looking in the mirror they could see that their beauty was gone. In place of their beauty was a cute monster. They had deep black cat ears and a tail. Their eyes turned yellow with slits in the middle. Their nails turned into claws and their skin tone turned orange. None of this bothered them. They knew their people would accept them.
•••••
     In the village below the castle was another person facing the same problem. Their eyes were a golden yellow with black dog ears and a tail. Their skin was a slight yellow. Everyone accepted them for who they were. The ruler knew of this and went to see them for help.  They were shocked at the appearance of the ruler but thought they were still handsome. The ruler was flattered by their compliment.
     They became the best of friends after a few years. They liked to explore the forest during the day. At night they would have slumber parties with the whole village. The village loved their ruler and knew them in a different light. The two friends actually fell in love soon after. The ruler had asked the parents if they could wed. Of course, seeing how happy they were together the parents said yes.
     On the night of the wedding the masked person asked if either of them wanted the curse lifted. They both said,"Without this curse I wouldn't have met my true love. I would like to keep the curse please," their love was so pure it created a rainbow in the sky that lasted days.
•••••
     The wedding was amazing. The cake had every flavor known to the village. All the colors of the wedding were black, orange and yellow. The wedding was a traditional village wedding. In front of the priest was a long white carpet that instead of going down an aisle, it went side to side. The ruler and their mate walked down the aisles at the same time meeting I front of the priests altar. They both said the vows:
In both rain and shine
I give you my love
My heart
My soul
I trust you with all my life
I give you my all
From dawn to dusk
I am yours.
Then they kissed and three their bouquets into the crowd.
•••••
     Three years later they had two children. One cat and one dog. They lived long and happily ruling over the village, Together in Harmony.

 They lived long and happily ruling over the village, Together in Harmony