Chapter 2

Ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum

My heart started to beat louder and faster. I swallow the panic. Oh god, I tried to sit up but a wave of nausea hit me, forcing me back down. I tried again but slower this time, and managed to sit all the way up. My surroundings are different. I'm in a bed, an honest for goodness bed! I can't remember the last time I've been in a proper bed. A nice one too. With white downy blankets and a soft, plush mattress with fluffed up pillows.

My stomach throbbed with pain but I've suffered worse. I touch my feet to the hard wood floors and launch myself upwards, my head feeling light and fuzzy and my vision clouding over. Luckily that only lasts for a moment and when it clears, I observe my surroundings.

The room has a large window partially covered by heavy burgundy drapes, gold ropes tying around the middle of them, holding them back. The floor, a little farther from the bed is concealed by a large oriental rug. The walls are a dark brown wood and have a few intricate paintings hanging off them.

I hear the door handle rattle and I tense, my shoulders suddenly getting very tight. The door finally opens and in walks a girl. A very pretty girl. A memory sparks and I realize she is the one who had been by my side right before I'd fallen unconscious.

Her eyes are are a deep blueish purple and I think that they were the bluebells I'd supposedly seen. She cocks her head slightly to the left and a soft smile graces her porcelain features. "Hello". She says. "Uhhh, um." I try to swallow the ever growing lump in my throat but alas my attemps elude me and I am unable to speak, standing dumbfounded in the middle of the room. She smiles again and walks towards me. My reflexes finally kick in and I rush backwards. "You don't have to be afraid of me silly, I'm only here to help." I manage to tear my eyes off of her and gaze upon what she carries in her hands. Food. I hear a growl and embarrassingly realize that the horrific sound has come from me, or rather more specifically my stomach. She grins and sets it down on the bedside table I missed from my little look-around.

There is a steaming bowl of porridge and some fruit with a tall glass of milk beside it, all laid out on a silver tray. I hesitantly shuffle over and sit back down on the bed. "Go on, eat." She encourages "I know you must be famished." I slowly snake my hand over to the tray and pick up the spoon beside the porridge. She nods and smiles, urging me to go on. I bring the spoonful of porridge up to my mouth, blow on it, then proceed to eat it. My belly welcomes it's newcomer with open arms and a comfortable warmth spreads from my abdomen outward. I hurriedly eat the rest of the meal not caring about manners or such. When I finish I sigh contentedly and once again focus my attention back to the girl. "So." I say finally finding my voice again. "Are you a servent or something?" She chuckles and shakes her head. "My father owns this manor."

Sir Benedict.

Her Father?

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Hi guys so I finally updated again and this chapter you will find, is longer than the other.

Sooo enjoy!