Chapter 9: Sexy Suds Car Wash

After the founders party disaster, three days passed. Stefan didn't show up to school at all which made rumors spread like crazy. People began to speculate that he transferred to another school for some reason. However, Elena was able to qualm the rumors. She knew he was coming back based on the fact that she received a voicemail from him 3 days ago. In the voicemail he said he would explain his absence to her in few days.

Yesterday, Elena convinced me to sleep over at her house. I think not seeing Stefan was driving her crazy and she needed someone to distract her. I guess she chose me to be that person. Nonetheless, She had me grab some stuff from my house and we headed over to hers.

The two of us stayed up late chatting about old memories and we watched two romantic comedy movies. When it was 1:00 in the morning the both of us just collapsed into her bed and fell asleep.

Soon enough morning came and I woke up to Elena shaking me, "Arina, we need to start getting ready for school."

"Ugh...do we have to go?" I whined, still half asleep.

"Yes. We still need to check on Caroline." Elena responded as she hopped off of her bed.

"You have a valid point," I replied, getting off of the comfy bed.

My feet immediately felt cold as they touched the hardwood flooring. I got goosebumps, which made me want to go back to sleep even more.

"I'm going downstairs. We can meet there when you're done getting ready." Elena spoke quickly before leaving.

I shuffled my feet over to the tote bag I brought from home and pulled out an outfit I packed last night.  Then I went into the bathroom and hastily got ready.

                           ⋆

As I walked downstairs I heard Elena talking to Jenna. "Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?" Elena inquired.

I didn't know what they were talking about so I just waited for more clarification. "Uh-huh," I heard Jenna reply as I walked into the kitchen. They didn't notice my presence.

"And you have no objection?" Elena questioned as she grabbed a bowl to prepare her breakfast.

"He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner," Jenna spoke as she was writing. Jeremy must have brought Vicki home...

"Oooh. Go Jenna!" I cheered announcing my presence, clearly startling  both Elena and Jenna.

"It's so good to see you Arina." Jenna commented before getting up and hugging me.

Jenna was always so kind to me. She is like an aunt to me. The woman is strong and beautiful. It was clear she cared about her family. She's everything Mrs. Donavan isn't and Jenna isn't even a parent, she's just a guardian.

"Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan," Elena smirked as she held a box of cereal.

My mouth slightly parted. Was she talking about Logan Fell, the news reporter?

"I'm going to show up and torture him, yes,"Jenna said looking and me with a smirk before turning her gaze to Elena and asking,"And have you heard from Stefan? "

"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days.' " Elena spoke using a deep voice, imitating Stefan.