Chapter 1

Hey guys this is my first fan fiction that i'm taking seriously any advice would be amazing thank you for reading if you do, WHICH I HOPE!

"It looks like Gengar has this battle in the bag; oh wait the opponent's Vaporeon just washed away his last chance for a win with the mighty Hydro Pump! The crowd is going wild from this kind of upset!" roared the TV announcer.

"Phillip! Turn that shit down, this instant!" my mum yelled up to me.

"Well, I wouldn't watch the league battles if you let me get my own Pokémon mum!!" I snap back at her.

"Not this argument again! I've told you a million times before YOU ARE TOO YOUNG!!!"

"MOM I AM FIFTEEN YEARS OLD! FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN THE LEGAL AGE WE CAN GET OUR STARTING POKEMON, HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME TOO YOUNG!"

"PHILLIP GO TO BED RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOUR BULLSHIT RIGHT NOW!"

"MOM, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO HELL RIGHT NOW!!?” I yell right before I slam my door.

I slowly walk over to my closet so I can look in the mirror. I hated what I saw. A gangly five foot ten guy with long black hair, which is always in my face, my mom and I hated how much I looked like my father. The bastard left when he found out mom was pregnant with me.

"FUCK YOU DAD!" I scream at the mirror right before I punch it harder than a Primeape could. I smirk devilishly as the blood trickles down my knuckles. I decided that I should at least say something to my mother before I go to sleep.

"Goodnight, Mother!"

"Phillip, sweetie I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's just that you know how I feel about being left alone."

"You wouldn't be alone! You have Shine's mom and dad across the street for company." I slam and lock my door all in one fluid motion. I scan around my room for a little bit until I find my Poke Gear. I snatch it up and call up Shine. When she answers I see the friendliest of faces. Her full name is Sunshine I really don't know why they named her that though, she's like the opposite at times.

"Hey Phil, what's up?"

"Shine don't call me Phil, okay?"

She smiles slightly. "Okay Phillip. What's wrong?"

"It's my mom again, Shine she's being an uber bitch."

"Well at least your mom likes you." She snaps at me with disdain in her voice. Shine's mother hasn't been the nicest of people towards her, and by that I mean she's abusive. Sometimes I get so angry I feel like I could just Double Slap her mom.

"Shine, look at me." She looks at me "Your mom is an insensitive old hag who needs to remove the stick from her ass!"

She giggles. God, I love it when she giggles

"Phillip?" she asks cautiously.

"Yeah, Shine?"

"If you could would you still want to leave Paradise Town with me and adventure?"

"Yes!" I answer in a heartbeat.

She smiles and holds up two bags and four ultra-balls. "Well look at these, I snagged them from my parents' room while I was cleaning it."

I stare into nothingness just daydreaming how much fun it'd all be.

"Helloooo, Earth to Phillip!"

"Oh, uhh sorry about that Shine. What were you saying?"

"Well I was asking you if you'd like to run away this weekend."