Chapter 2

*Phillip’s Room*

“EHHH! EHHHH! EHHHH!!” buzzed the alarm clock.

“SHUT UP ALARM!” I yell at it while I turn it off.

“Whoa, It’s already ten!? I must’ve slept like a baby hehe.” I chuckle to myself. “BZZZZ BZZZZ BZZZZ.”

“Shit, Poke Gear! Where is it? Woo found it. I wonder who would be calling me this early?” I answer it immediately after I see it’s Shine.

“Good morning, Sleepyhead.” She giggles. “Nice hair.”

“Ha, Good morning Sunshine the Earth says hello!” I snap back at her with an evil grin.

“You know damn well I only let my dad call me by my full name, Phil.” She said aggressively.

“Don’t call me Phil and I won’t call you Sunshine, ha.”

 “Fine Phillip. But to the reason why I called, I have amazing news.” As she tells me this I notice a bruise and a few cuts on her face.

“Shine. What’d that bitch do now?”

“Oh, you mean this.” She timidly points to her new bruise.

“Yes, plus all of the new cuts on your face as well.”

“Well last night after we finished talking she bounded upstairs to my room like a mad woman, and just started to hit me excessively. But my dad came and saved me again.” She said with a slight smile.

“I’m just glad your dad is such a great guy and actually cares about you more than your mother does.”

“But anyways back to my good news! Phillip we need to leave tonight at the latest. My dad is leaving on business and fears she might kill me. He even gave me a Dratini.”

“Whoa, a Dratini that’s rare in this region.”

“Yeah, that’s what he told me too.”

“So when do you wanna leave? I mean you know I wanna leave whenever.”

“Hmm, how about after you shower and come down stairs! Don’t you notice some of your pictures behind me?” she giggles loudly. Oh my god how stupid could I have been to not notice that.

“How long have you been here?”

“Not long, maybe fifteen minutes plus our conversation. I’ve called like eight times.”

“Dang, that long?”

“Yeah lazybones, now hurry up and shower.” She urges me.

“I’ll be down in like ten minutes, bye.” I hurriedly grab clothes and jump into the shower.

*Downstairs*

“Hmm… I wonder if I can find any embarrassing pictures of Phil.” Shine whispered to herself, as she scanned all of the pictures on the wall.

“Oh my god he was so chubby and cute!” she snorted.

“Well, good morning Shine but what are you doing here?”

“Oh, hi Ms. Grey, I am just waiting on Phillip to shower and then we were going to hang out if that is okay?”

“That’s fine dear; I think he needs some friend time anyways.” How could Phillip ever hate his mom, she’s so nice to me all of the time.

“Thank you so much Ms. Grey.”

“You’re welcome. Hey you wanna see some really cute pictures of my Phillip?”