Knocking.

Ricky sat down on the couch, a book on his lap. He patiently waited for Ryan, the love of his life to get home from work. It was around 10:30. Ricky smiled as he heard a faint knock at the apartment door. He didn't think much of it, assuming Ryan was probably tired. He opened the door, his smile fading. He quickly tried to close the door and lock it.  Rick knew something was up when he heard a knock yet being a lonely son of a bitch he was, he was hoping it was Ryan.

Yet, Ryan never knocked. Rick felt a pound, then took that as the first symbol to run. He locked it, and all the knobs had then turned to locked. He ran all the way upstairs and to his closet in the room. Why couldn't it have been Ryan? Rick knew something was up when he heard a knock yet being a lonely son of a bitch he was, he was hoping it was, Ryan never knocked. Rick felt a pound, then took that as the first symbol to run. He locked it, and all the knobs had then turned to locked. He ran all the way upstairs and to his closet in the room. Why couldn't it have been Ryan? Ricky hid in their rather large closet, for once wishing it was full of clothes to hide him. He quickly texted Ryan explaining what was happening, scared the intruder would hear him if he dialled.

Rick felt a small buzz, then the millisecond delayed ping and he bit his lip. Fuck. Of course there was a ping, of course his ringer on. Ryan texted to ask a stupid question rather than an update on where he was or what he was doing. -Who is it? Do you know who it is?- Rick prayed to the dark lord Satan that the killers wouldn't have found him.

Ricky panicked when the ringer went off. 'No. Ryan, I'm scared' He replied quickly turning his phone to vibrate. He tried to stay calm and not panic. Rick awaited another vibrate, and took a shallow fearful breath in. Another knock. This predator was going to knock around until shifting was heard. A buzz. -I'll see what I can do, I'm on my way.- Ryan had messaged. Rick was beyond terrified. What if he texted back and the screen was bright enough that intruders outside of the closet would see it?

Ricky tried to stay as still and silent as he could, one movement and he would be spotted, his bedroom door locked. He turned the brightness down, biting his lip. 'Please hurry, Ry...' He replied. Rick felt another knock, and they became more close together than earlier. Repetitive and closer in speed. It was the wall outside of his and Ryan's room. The room smelt like Ryan. Peppermint and Cigarettes. The knock was on his door now, incredibly loud and fast. Then, a large slam. Another one, and another.

Ricky hid his face, trembling. His knees to his face. He wanted Ryan. He was holding his breath at that point, careful not to make a sound, Ryan called him, panic washed over him. He quickly tried to silence the phone. The slam was the door coming down. Wow, that lock was really useful. Rick slapped at his legs trying to get it to stop, but no. All effort failed when he felt the knocking on his closet door. The air in his lungs came out in a large exhale. "Fuck." He whispered out with the exhale. The closet doors were then kicked open.

Ryan called again, Ricky's movement causing him to accept the call. His eyes wide. Ricky was unaware of the phone on, it was hidden behind a large coat. He crawled under the intruder, attempting to run. The large intruder was doused in camoflage patterns and black paint. Why this house? Maybe it was the wrong one. Too late to turn back now. Rick crawled on hands and knees to get through but the tall man closed and crunched them together on Rick's stomach. Rick let out and silenced wheeze as the air was pushed from him.

// these will be some what shorter than balz's usual length but eyy, it's something.