Prologue

The first three to comment will get they're name placed in this book as a character! Don't be scared to comment whether it be good or bad. Constructive criticism is great! Thanks babes for reading!
~Trapped_in_my_Mind2

Cops. Not for the first time, I'm waiting for these lousy interrogators to come and attempt to pick my brain.

Idiots.

The mirror on the wall before me is the only thing on the barren walls of the small cinder block room. I chuckle as I think of what they will attempt to pin on me. They have no basis to make a case against me. I haven't done anything unjust. Illegal maybe, unjust? No, if anything I'm the the most just one here! Not those poor excuses for cops.

Before you wonder why I think I'm any more qualified than the police themselves, let me just tell you that I've been in the military. So yea, I think I can say that I'm qualified.

The lightly stained, wooden door cracks open cutting off my internal monologue, and immediately I begin to study the two interrogators who walk through the door. The first is a tall, muscular, blonde woman who looks stern and slightly nervous as she sizes me up. They're letting a newbie have a go at me?

The other is an older gentlemen with greying hair and a face that exudes wisdom but I don't miss the mischievous gleam in his eye.

Yep, and he's her mentor.

"Mr. Mathews, we would like to ask you some questions dealing with your whereabouts on Saturday, April 23, from about 3pm to 7pm." The female says getting right down to business. She pulls out the cold, metal chair across from me and takes a seat. The small, golden badge on her left breast reads "Lana" in fine print.  Hmm, that doesn't sound much like a cop name.

One lesson I've learned over the years is that you should never underestimate your opponent. I can't chance letting her think she has even the slightest hold on me. I won't let her get under my skin.

"Of course officers, I have nothing to hide. Let me think. April 23rd.... Ahh yes I came into town that day to purchase a new computer. My old one broke after all." I say politely, leaning back in my own chair and being sure not to cross my arms and ramble on too much. Instead I use the arm rests and look straight into her eyes. If I were leaning forward I would look anxious and nervous, so I show relaxation and nonchalance instead. If my arms were crossed, it would appear that I was closed off and hiding something, so I open myself up, making sure to show my ease. Basically I'm creating the perfect picture of innocence. Manipulation is key.

Her entire expression relaxes instantly. "To bad she's a cop," I think to myself, eyeing her toned figure slyly. "She'd be a nice catch."
"And after that," I continue. "I went out to Jerry's and had a few drinks with some buddies of mine."

"And can you tell us where you purchased the electronic?" She asks obviously registering my body language and smiling politely.

Works every time.

People are so easy to fool, manipulation somewhat like hacking a computer. Once you know the details, you can just screw around with them until you have that person thinking exactly how you want.

"Office Depot near the Walmart off of the highway." I say returning her smile. A faint blush stains her cheek. Figures. A woman as a cop? Please, this just makes my job easier. "I'm sure the manager could confirm my alibi."

"We'll look into it Mr. Mathews. I hope you don't take this little fiasco the wrong way, we just have to cover all the bases." She says flashing a big, nervous grin to cover her worry.

Ahh, so even she fears the power I hold in lol this community...

I smile warmly back at the blonde before standing and pushing my chair under the tasteless table with a light screech. I shove my hands into the pockets of my slacks and stand awkwardly for a few seconds, staring at them.

"So am I free to go, officer?" I ask, decidedly making my way to the heavy duty wooden door on the left side of the room.

"Yes, Mr. Mathews, you are free to go. I would say that I'd see you around, but well, for your sake, let's hope I don't." Lana says placing her papers back into her Manila portfolio. She turns to the one way mirror and makes a hand gesture like she's unlocking a gate before turning back to me. "Have a great day, Mr. Mathews." The door clicks and opens, as a very muscular colored man stands in the doorway, his face as stoic as a statue.

"You too, Officer Lana." I reply with a wink, before following the officer out of the interrogation room.

*

The officer in front of me walks quickly through the arrangement of desks drowned in paperwork. So quickly in fact, that I barely have time to see a cute dirty blonde dancing around in an office off to the side. She spins and shakes her hips to the music in her head phones. The movement draws my attention and holds it, the sway of her hips mesmerizing. I can imagine now what it would be like to hold those hips as they move. After a few moments of continuous twirls and swaying,  she plops down into a fancy leather desk chair with a breathtaking smile on her face.

Breathing heavily, her bright green eyes meet mine. It's  as if I'm hypnotized by her kelp colored orbs. I know in the few seconds before I am torn from her gaze, that this emerald eyed beauty was going to be mine. No matter what it takes; and no one is going to stand in my way.

***
Started: 4/27/17