The envelope

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF CHAPTER!!! PLEASE READ!

Ethan's pov

*3 weeks later*

"Dolan. New visitor." My head sprung up from my bed, red rimmed eyes staring at the guards. New visitor? There's only one person that would come visit me that hadn't visited me in awhile. It's got to be her.

I let the guards cuff me, and then we were off to the visiting cells.

4 weeks I have waited for this moment.

4 weeks I have missed the love of my life.

I sat down, and quickly grabbed the phone, but stopped as I realized who it was.

"Mom?"

I was a little sad that it wasn't Leila but I was still happy that my mom came to visit me. After all these years.

"Ethan!" She cried, putting her hand on the glass. I put my hand over hers, missing her voice so much. "It's been so long." I breathed, still shocked. I never thought I'd ever see my mom again.

After a few minutes, my mom calmed down, and she started playing with her fingers. "I know about Leila." My heart throbbed at her name. "Do you know where she is?" I spoke quickly. She hesitated, but nodded, looking down.

"Is she here?" I smiled, looking around her but found nothing. "No. She's in..Wisconsin." For a second my heart stopped. Why would she be so far away? "She's with her aunt. She's getting the care she needs and she's going back to school. She, uh, she left you this letter." She slided over an envelope that I grabbed slowly. Whatever was in this envelope wasn't going to be good. "You can read it whenever you want. She knows you aren't fast at making decisions." I breathed out air, smiling softly. She wrote my name. My full name. Ethan Grant Dolan. Her handwriting is so beautiful.

"Everything you need to know is in that envelope." I looked up at my mom, taking one last look at her. I nodded, smiling softly. "I love you."

"I love you too, mom." With that, she hung up, took one last look, and walked away. While I stayed here, staring at the envelope. Everything I needed to know. Is in this envelope.

Cameron's pov

"Yeah, my mom just got back from seeing Ethan. Are you sure about your decision?" I spoke through the phone.

"He needs to know everything. And, I don't know if he's ever going to open it, but when he does, I just hope he knows that I love him." There was a small silence, when she continued talking. "I got to go. I'll call you later?"

"Yea."

"Okay. Bye Cameron."

"Goodbye Leila."
---------------------------------------------
Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote!

Follow me on Wattpad to get notifications when I publish a new book!!