Chapter 6

"You're screwed."

    "Screwed?"

    "Yes, Hermione. Completely and utterly screwed." Ginny and Hermione had been on the phone for 2 hours as Hermione tried to keep calm. "Who doesn't say it back?"

   "I kissed him to tell him! I thought the whole 'I love you' thing was unnecessary because he should already know! "

    Ginny scoffed and pushed her bright red hair behind her ear. "Honey, honey, honey. I am a Harry Potter expert, THE  Harry Potter expert. And let me just tell you one thing," she paused for effect, "you're screwed."

     Hermione threw herself onto her bed in a loud huff. "You think someone else will snatch him up? "

      "Darling, this is Harry Potter we are talking about! Any girl would die to be in your place. Now pull up your big girl panties and go tell that boy how you feel!"

     After hanging up, Hermione realized her close friend was right and that she needed to do it quick. So she waited. And waited. Then waited some more. Her mother had taken Harry out for lunch 4 hours ago!

Finally, the two of them walked through the front door laughing and struggling to stand up right. "You got my mom drunk!?" Harry's face turned stern as he searched for a reply. "It's not even night yet for Merlins sake!"

Hermione soon called her father to help her mum up the stairs to bed as she dealt with Harry. "What the hell were you thinking?"

Hiccup. "She just kept-" hiccup "buying drinks." Hiccup.

Hermione couldn't keep her eyes off of him. Not only did she have to keep her eyes on him to make sure he didn't do something stupid, he was also so handsome. Hermione searched his face, watching as his eyes roamed the room like it was the first time he was seeing it.

"You have beautiful blue eyes," she whispered.

"My mothers,"

Harry didn't talk about his parents much, not only because it hurt him but because he didn't have much to say. He never really spoke to them anyway. But the pain showed through his eyes and the light that was always there, dulled.

"Harry," Hermione pushed a hair out of his eyes. "I have to tell you something, but I really wish you were sober to hear it. You won't remember it in the morning."

Harry's head lolled to the side, his eyes already closing. Using her wand, Hermione lifted Harry to their room, gently setting him on the bed. As Harry dozed off he could have sworn he heard something, a mere whisper: "I love you."

But then again it could have been the alcohol.

******

Harry awoke to the morning sun glaring at him through Hermione's bedroom curtains. He didn't remember ever getting up there, let alone leaving the diner him and Mrs. Granger were at. On the nightstand next to the bed, Harry spotted a note along with a bottle of water and some aspirin.

In Hermione's easily recognizable handwriting, Harry read;

Harry,
I hope you slept well. Your head probably pounds right now and I won't make this too long so you can sleep again. I am headed to Hogwarts to speak with McGonagall about our next year. My mum should be cooking up some breakfast by the time you are awake. How about next time you don't get drunk at 4 in the after noon?
Much love,
Hermione

  Harry downed the water and the aspirin before getting dressed and heading down the stairs. He completely forgot about their next year at Hogwarts! They had planned to meet with McGonagall together, but Hermione would have never bothered waking him up in that state.

     So Harry took it upon himself to dress in his best clothes, shower and tidy up all in the span of half an hour. As the clock struck 9, Harry hurried past Mrs. Granger, who held her head in her hands from her hangover, and apparated to Hogwarts.

    In the headmasters office sat two women that resembled each other very much. "Miss Granger, I thought Mr. Potter would be accompanying you?"

    Hermione chuckled under her breath as she thought about how he stumbled into her house the night before. "Yes, well there have been some change of plans-"

    Suddenly Harry appeared.

   "So sorry I'm late professor." He gave the old woman a quick hug and Hermione a peck on the cheek before taking a seat. "Now, where were we?"

For the next hour, Harry, Hermione and Minerva talked non stop about their upcoming Hogwarts year. The castle had been rebuilt into an exact replica of the last one. Everything seemed so normal, so at ease after He was gone.

    Many students including, The Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville and Draco were returning to redo their final year at Hogwarts. While walking through the school, Hermione said, "Its strange to be back here isn't it?"

Harry gave a small smile and took Hermione's hand in his. "A part of me feels like it never left."

     Together they walked through the newly furnished Heads' common room where the two students would be staying the upcoming year. Yes, Hermione did indeed achieve her goal, getting Head Girl. The common room was decorated with Gryfindor flags and colors everywhere. There was a large kitchen in the front of the room, and one bathroom in between their two bedrooms. A living room area was in the middle and had a beautiful fire place across from the couch.

     Harry stood looking out the window of the bedroom he had claimed, as Hermione stepped into the room.  The bushy haired girl leaned against the frame of the door. "I love you, Harry."

      "What?" Harry asked as he whipped around. It all happened so suddenly Harry didn't know how to react. "You do?"

     "How could I not?" Hermione chuckled. "I look for you in a crowd, I never want to be apart, you make me love my life when you're around. I cant stand a minute that you're in danger. You're my best friend and I love you, completely with every fiber of my being."

     Harry stood silent for a moment before a smile broke out on his face. Making quick steps towards his best friend, he reached out and pulled her into a hug.

    "You better love me," he said.

   "Now don't get cocky mister," the two laughed and kissed. The day couldn't get any better.