Chapter One

Percy Jackson was twelve years old. A student going to Yancy Academy, he was sitting in his dorm room with his annoying roomates. A kid with crutches, curly ginger hair, and was always wearing a Rasta cap, his name was Grover Underwood. The second kids name was named Orion Park and he had windswept blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, tan skin, and smelled like the sea. They were arguing about which teacher was better and frankly Percy didn't care so he decided to intervene.

"Honestly. Will you two shut the hell up?" He demanded.

They immediately froze in their spots and nodded quickly. Orion ran out of the room leaving Grover alone with Percy. Not knowing what to say to the scary, quiet, and angry twelve year old. He decided to just wing it considering he didn't know much about his other roommate.

"So, where are you from Percy?" He asked.

Percy looked up glaring at him, but when he noticed the kid shaking his expression immediately softened.

"Manhattan."

"That's cool, who's your mom?"

"I don't know, she died when I was born."

"Oh I'm sorry, what about your dad?"

"He dropped me off at his friends house and I never saw him again."

Of course Percy was lying about never seeing his dad again because his dad was Spanish teacher at Yancy, he didn't need to know that though. Grover looked extremely curious at the revelation of his parentage. He sniffed the air and picked up the smell of roses. He decided to ask some more questions to the possible demigod.

"So, do you possibly have any learning problems?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, like ADHD and dyslexia."

Percy narrowed his eyes. His suspicion about the crippled kid was right. He was a satyr, but that means Orion would be the demigod he's looking for. The prince of hell decided to play it cool, see because he knew all about his parentage and all about the other pantheons in the world and that they're still around.

"Yeah, I have both why is that weird?" Asked the prince of hell.

Grover just simply nodded and dismissed himself from the room. He was gone a good hour before he came back with Orion and Mr. Brunner, the Latin teacher.

"Mr. Jackson, could I have a discussion with you in my office please?" The crippled Latin teacher asked.

Percy just nodded and followed him out of his dormitory. He saw his father on the way to Mr. Brunners office and The Devil looked scared and mouthed one word, a name is more like it Chiron. After that Percy began to get nervous, maybe they thought he was a Greek demigod? As he was lost in his own thoughts he almost bumped into the disguised centaur. He looked up and saw the Latin teacher speaking with Mr. Diablo the Spanish teacher.

"Buenos dias, Señor Brunner. What a lovely day, is it not?" He asked.

"Yes, yes, quite a lovely day. Now if you'll excuse me I need to have a talk with Perseus in my office." Chiron said.

My father narrowed his brown disguised eyes ever so slightly so that it was barely noticeable.

"Lo siento, Señor Brunner but I need to borrow Señor Jackson to make up a test he missed. He could meet with you after, if that is okay?" He said.

Mr. Brunner nodded and waved me off. I walked away with my father and we walked into his office. He gesture for me to sit.

"So Percy, how's home?" He asked.

"Father cut to the chase, what do you want?" Percy demanded.

Satan nodded and pulled out a bracelet and a pocket watch out of his desk drawer. The bracelet was black and had a bronze pendant of wings on it. The pocket watch was silver and had a black rose engraved on it.

"The bracelet is a shield, a gift from Lucifer, it's called Lucifer's Aid, tap the pendant and it'll change into the shield. The pocket watch is a gift from me, click the button and it changes into a sword, it's called Black Rose, and it's made from the strongest and purest metal in the entire world, Heavenly Silver." The Devil said.

Percy nodded numbly and left his fathers office and returned to his dorm room where Orion was sleeping and Grover was pacing on his crutches.

"Hey Perce, how'd the talk with Mr. Brunner go?" Grover asked.

"Mr. Diablo needed to talk with me, so I'm going to stop by Brunner's office later." He dismissed.

The satyr nodded and went to sit down. But Percy had other plans in mind.

"So Grover, what do you think of Greek mythology?" He asked smirking slightly.

He stiffened immediately, "Wh-What do you mean?"

"I mean like satyrs, centaurs, half-bloods, and stuff like that?" He asked innocently.

"Um, I always found that subject interesting. I guess." He bleated nervously.

Percy smirked and went to sit down on his bed. While he was laying down he was absently playing with the pendant on his bracelet. He sat there thinking heavily. His father had never directly summoned him or given him a gift ever in his life, and now all of a sudden he gets a summon, a warning, and two gifts. Something big was happening and Percy knew it too. What he didn't know was how soon it was happening.

Author's Note

Hey guys! To be honest I didn't expect this story to take off as much as it obviously has. But there are a few things I want to get out the way, one for this story, one for an announcement for another story, and one semi-important announcement depending. Okay first of all based off the prominence and importance of roses in this story I'm changing the name of it to The Black Rose. The second thing being that I'm thinking of starting a HTTYD modern au fanfic where the basic plot is that Hiccup summons a demon (Toothless) and a bunch of other stuff happens, I'd like your opinions on that. The third and final thing being I've started an Instagram page for MalevolentKing if you want to follow me that'd be pretty cool, we could have in depth conversations about my stories and you'd get a sneak peak on some of my story ideas. The name is malevolentking120. Well anyway review and all that. So long and goodnight.

-MalevolentKing