Chapter 16 and end

POV Lydie

The week end we had spent together was one of the best I ever had. In the following month, I often went to sleep over, since we had discovered that my father didn't really mind. But then, two months after, he told me he had to leave three months for work. Of course I had learned before that he would surely have to leave sometimes because of his work, but I had not guessed it would be so long. And in these three months, I had my birthday. I didn't complain though. I didn't want him to think of me as whining kid. So I went to the airport with him. I fought my tears until he left. We kissed and hugged until it was time for him to board. I went home in my newly bought car, and, like an automatic, went in my bed and cried in my pillow. I couldn't help but start being gloomy as soon as the following day began. Apart from my family, Dave was the only one aware of why I was so sad, therefore, the only one I talked to at school. I didn't really speak at home, only working for my exams, music history, music theory, practice etc... I stayed like that almost a whole month. The only times when I were happy, was when Phil was calling or texting me.. Until Dave had enough. We were in the middle of lunch at school when he noticed, once again my gloomy look. He excused us from our friends, who were, by the way, quite pissed at me for being so rude these last days, and pulled me out of the school cafeteria. We sat on a bench in the park not too far from the school and stared at me until I started shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

" What's wrong ? "

" Come on, don't what's wrong me, you know perfectly what I want. Stop being so gloomy Ly" I glared at him.

" Do not call me Ly! And I am not gloomy ! " He laughed, and I could perfectly sense that it was at, and not with me.

" Yes you are. I know you miss him, but he probably misses you too! Has he already sent you a message ? "

" Yeah, of course, and he called me too, why ? "

" Because then, I don't understand your reason for being gloomy. He'll be back, it's not like anything has happened to him ! " I smiled, but my frown returned on my face at the possibility of him finding someone better, and more suitable for him. Someone who actually deserved him.

" But, what do I do if he doesn't love me anymore ? If he finds someone ? " He just sighted

" Look, or listen, whatever... Like you've said, he loves you. An awful lot. He even texted me to make sure everything was alright, and I have to keep an eye on you, so that no one will hit on you. He's as insecure as you are, you know? So stop being mean to everyone, and be happy that he gets to do what he likes okay ? " I nodded, and hugged him.

"Thanks, you're the best ever ! " I said emphasizing the ever. I heard him laugh.

" I know, to thank me, could you introduce some divas to me ? Like AJ or Naomi ? "

" Well, April's taken, but Naomi's free I guess, and since she's quite a good friend of mines... Hey, didn't you have a girlfriend ? What happened to Johanna ? "

" I guess we weren't meant to be together since she broke up two days ago. I laughed seeing the stars in his eyes but felt bad about having be so egoist.

" I'm sorry, I only thought about my problems, when you had some too..."

" Don't worry Lydie, I guess we were not so in love as I first thought. And look, I'm already over it !" I shook my head, smiling before grabbing his hand and pulling him back to school. My friends noticed my change of comportment, and I went to apologize to everyone I had been mean to. I hugged my family when I got home, and my mother smiled.

"So sweetheart, are you finally over him ? " I smiled and shook m head.

"Sorry mummy, but I don't think I will ever be. And I don't care if you don't agree." I saw my father nudging her and she frowned before sighting.