Chapter 3: The Concert.

A week has gone by and the concert is today. Each and every day right away when you wake up, you try to think about what "I hope to see you there" means.

You needed something to keep yourself from being lazy, you start blasting Mars. Once you're up, you walk to the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth.

"I FELL APART, BUT GOT BACK UP AGAIN, AND THEN I FELL APART AND GOT BACK UP AGAIN, AND THEN I FELL APART BUT GOT BACK UP AGAIN. WAY-O, WAY-O, WAY-O, WAY-O, WAY-O, WAY-O." You sing along as you're brushing your teeth.

As you're walking back to your room, your favorite Mars song comes on. You start shouting the lyrics into the bottom of your hair brush as if it was a microphone. You feel so alive as you're doing it.

When the song is over you actually start getting ready. First you put your triad earrings in. Next you choose out your clothes. You wear a white crochet crop top that reveals your "provehito in altum" tattoo on your collarbone, exactly the same as Jared's, your chained faux diamond bralette under that, and jean shorts with fishnet leggings under them with short black high-heel boots. You decide to curl your hair and put it up in a ponytail to reveal your triad tattoo in-between your shoulder blades.

After you're finished getting dressed, you start doing your makeup

After you're finished getting dressed, you start doing your makeup. First you do winged eyeliner, then put on a little concealer. To finish off your look, you put on a pink nude matte lipstick.

"Hey, are you almost ready?" You text your friend.

"Yes! I'm just finishing up my makeup. I'll be ready in 10. I can't wait!!" They quickly reply.

"Me neither! I'll be there soon:) xo." You reply as you shut off your phone.

You walk to your car and start it up.

"Shit, I forgot the drawing for Jared in my room." You say to yourself.

You run as fast as you can to grab your drawing because you want to be one of the first people at the venue.

You get back in your car and look at the time. It's 9:03 a.m.

"Damn, i'm never up this early." You mumble quietly.

As you're driving to your friends house, you pass the Gucci Guilty billboard again.

"See you soon babe, xo." You yell. A few people driving next to you look at you awkwardly.

When you arrive at your friend's house, you beep your horn. They run as fast as they possibly can to your car.

"I honestly can't fucking wait." They say.

"Me neither, my gosh." You tell them.

You insert the "Love Lust Faith + Dreams" CD into your car and you and your friend both start singing the lyrics.

You've just arrived at the venue. Right away, you walk to the tour bus to take a picture of it. You see triad stickers all over the windows.

A few hours have gone by, your friend and you are the fourth ones in line. They open the doors, scan yours and your friend's tickets and then you quickly run in to go to the merch stand. You purchase a Mars crop top sweatshirt and earbuds.

After purchasing your items, you quickly run to the General Admission section to try to get as close to the front as you can. You're right in the middle of the second row.

You take out your phone so you can take a picture of the giant triad and Shannon's drums. You post them to snapchat and twitter.

Five minutes until they come on stage. Your heart is pounding. This is your first ever Mars concert and you feel like you're going to pass out.

The second they come on stage, you start bawling. Jared looks a thousand times more beautiful in person.

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING." You yell to Jared.

He looks right at you and winks.

"Oh my gosh did you see that?! Jared fucking Leto just winked at you." Says your friend right after it happens.

"I know" you say "I'm literally about to pass out."

As the concert goes on, the Echelon sings in unison. For once, you feel right at home. You feel right. You feel welcomed.
"AND THE STORY GOES ON, THAT'S HOW THE STORY GOES." The Echelon sings right along with Jared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY, SHE DREAMS, OF LOVE. BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY, HE LIVES, TO RUN." Everyone sings in unison.

"Alibi" comes on. You start sobbing right when you hear the first couple of notes. You feel so happy. You know you've been happy this whole time, but when hearing this song, you feel genuinely happy.

"I fell apart, but got back up again and then I fell apart, but got back up again." Everyone sings calmly and a bit more quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurricane" is the last song.  You're so sad it's almost over but this has been the best experience you've ever had.

Jared jumps into the crowd and starts moving closer and closer towards you and stops right in front of you. You're becoming light headed.

He grabs your hand.

"Do you really want? Do you really want me?" Jared sings as he's staring right at you.

Your makeup somewhat smeared from crying and you're an actual mess but all Jared can do is smile at you.

Once the song is over, he goes back up to the stage and thanks everyone for coming and makes a little speech like you always see in concert videos.

"I can't believe he held your hand? What did that mean? I'm so happy for you." Says your friend as you guys head out.

"I don't know but he looked so amazing and i'm so lightheaded. That was the most amazing experience i've had in my entire life. I can't put into words how happy I a-"

While talking, you get stopped by a guard.

"Hello, sorry to interrupt, but are you Y/N?" He says.

"Yes I am." You reply nervously.

"Jared Leto would like to see you backstage." He tells you.

At first you're confused, then you start freaking out.

You hand your friend your car keys shakily and ask them to pick you up in a little bit.

"Have fun!!!" They say, wink, then walk away.

The guard walks you backstage.