Chapter 2

As time passed, we moved into a rented apartment in an old, dilapidated building. It wasn't our dream home, but at least it was better than living with his parents. While my husband was busy at work, i ran the household and raised our son. But, now a days it seems more like my son. While he was old enough to go to kindergarten, I was at home, cooking, cleaning, and doing all of the chores like a normal housewife.

There were four apartments on our floor and the doors faced each other. I decided to try to try and make friends with the neighbors, so I went to the first door. I wanted to introduce myself, tell them we had just moved in and just try to strike up a friendship with them.

Just as I raised my fist to knock on it, the door suddenly opened. I was a bit taken aback. The chain was on the door and an old woman was peering through the gap, regarding me suspiciously. She looked at me like I was dead to her.

"Hi, I'm new here," I said, but the woman cut me off.

"Get out of here," she hissed. "Nobody wants to make friends with you! Stay away from these apartments! You have no right to be here, you stupid young ho!"

"Excuse me, but I have just the right to live in these apartments as much as you!", I yelled. "No don't tell me what I can and cannot do, you crazy old slut bag!"

"How dare you!" she said.

"I dare!" I responded.

"Go away, damn you!" she hissed. "Leave everybody alone. They don't want to talk to you! If you don't get out of here, or I'll call the police!"

With that, she slammed the door shut in my face.

I was so shocked, how can someone be that mean and cruel.

"I hope you die!" I muttered under my breath.

When I turned to go home, I saw that my son was listening and looked like he was about to cry, then i went into our apartment and calmed him down by singing "Baby Mine". It was midnight and I realized that my husband isn't there. I looked every where, i called his office, I basically tired everything. So, then, I just decided to sleep.

The next morning, I wake up, but I don't see him. I got extremely worried. My son woke up and he noticed i worried and asked,

"What's wrong? Where's dad?" my son said with worry.

I knocked on every door, but no one answered. Then I knocked on the old, crazy lady's door, but she didn't answer. Then I banged on the door almost 100 times before she opened the door.

"Have you seen my husband?!" I asked with a huge amount of worry.

"You should have left when I told you too." she hissed. Then, she opened the door wider so, I could see the inside of her apartment.