Chapter 1: Here We Are

She looked at the board as per AP Algebra teacher Miss Roshcé scribbled on the lower right part of the board reaching the end of the sum. She never really got the point of these identities. Apart from the trouble trying to learn the formulae, nothing really ever made sense in algebra. It was easily the hardest part of math for her, for her. As for everyone else, it was the smoothest and simplest form of calculations. But Paige would gladly find out missing angles than missing Xs and Ys.

As the bell rang, Paige made her way to the cafeteria. Slamming the thick book on the table she started reading. You don't read math Paige! It occurred to her. I gotta get the point of this formula.

Linsey and Rosa joined her on the table.
"Hey guys!"
Rosa started telling her about the essays they had to finish for holidays, as Linsey opened a packet of coloured beans.
"Didn't you both tell her these holidays are meant to have fun? We cant keep doing the work on holidays just 'cos she can't meet her syllabus deadlines!" This came out a little more sternly then she'd meant it.
"Oh come on Pai, this is extra work she gave us for practice, and anyways we like writing. Wont be much of a pain,'' linsey replied in a rather convincing tone.

Rosa had planned to go to her grandmama's farms, will she be watching birds or would sit all morning and write. She thought to herself and made a mental note to leave a comment on their school discussion room about the immense pressure this school puts on the students.

As she walked down the corridor, Las smiled at her and gave a slight wave. She reached on at 4. Took a shower and laid down on her bed trying to sleep, it was an hour before she actually felt like falling asleep but was shaken awake but the sound of her dad's car pulling over. Ah who cares anyways, I should better get my sleep, gotta study at night.

First book. First chapter. Loads of errors maybe. I've personally been wanting to write something since a while but cies keep hurdling, I hope this chapter is long enough
-ya