Meeting My Parents

My mom and dad absolutely hated each other, so I was more than surprised when they had both agreed to meet my boyfriend, Shawn, together

I was currently on the Illuminate Tour with Shawn and his crew so we agreed that we would go and meet up with my parents -Shawn's first time ever meeting them in person- when we were in my original birth country. I had moved to Canada to live with my grandma when I was about 13 years old (the same year I met Shawn) so the only time I had seen my parents was when I went home for the holidays and birthdays etc.

"You're sure they're okay with being in the same room as each other?" Shawn was well aware of the feud situation between my parents so he was more worried about that than he was about actually meeting them for the first time and not through the phone.

"I'm guessing they're okay with it. They both said they were so..." I shrugged my shoulders tucked Shawn's t-shirt I was wearing into my ripped mom jeans.

"How do you manage to make any outfit look good?" Shawn was staring at me through the mirror with a sweet smile on his face as he fixed the collar on his dark wash denim jacket.

"Uh you're wearing double denim and still look hot as Fuck."

A cheeky smirk settled on Shawn's lips and he slowly walked towards me, placing his hand firmly on my hips as mine rested on his chest.

"Do you think we have time to-" Shawn was cut off from my phone ringing in my back pocket.

I pulled it out and answered with a sweet 'hello!'.

"Hi chick, I'm at the coffee shop in town. Your dad said he'll be here in about ten minutes; just thought I'd let you know."

"Okay mom, see you soon." I hung up and looked up at a disappointed Shawn. "For the heads up, I would have agreed to what you were about to say but my mom and dad are already there. Plus we already had sex this morning."

"But we always do round 2." Shawn whined, leaning his head on my shoulder and sighing.

"We have all day for as many rounds as we can manage." He kissed my neck, then behind my ear and my jaw. "Shawn."

"Fine." He mumbled, pulling away from me and walking over to the hotel bed where he picked up my jacket and handed me my bag. "I'll do everything except carry you're girly purse."

"It's baby blue!"

"It's still girly." He squeezed my butt as we walked out of our hotel room and down to the lobby where we met Shawn's body-guards.

Whenever Shawn was on tour, he always had to have at least one body-guard with him when he went out to go sight seeing or anything like that. He always needed that sense of safety, just in case things got a little too wild.

Shawn and myself walked along the seemingly un-busy side walk side by side, our hands occasionally brushing against each other's. John, the body guard, walked ahead of us, leading the way to the little coffee shop we were to meet my parents at.

"Why is it so crowded today?" Shawn mumbled, having to squeeze his way through a young couple who were walking past.

"You're kidding, right?" Shawn looked at me with a confused expression. "This is the quietest I've ever seen this town."

"Id hate to see it on its busiest." When we rounded the corner, we could see through the windows to the coffee shop and it looked quite quiet for once. When I usually visited and came here with family it was always really busy. "Your mom and dad are arguing."

I followed Shawn's gaze, settling upon my mom and dad sitting in the booth furthest away, seeing them having a heated looking discussion.

"Jesus Christ." I groaned to myself, following John into the shop and walking up to the booth with Shawn following closely behind. Their conversation automatically came to a halt when Shawn and I approached the booth. "Hi guys."

John sat in the booth behind so we could have our own time together; which I thought was sweet of him to do.

"Hi, I'm Shawn." He gave my mom a hug and my dad a firm handshake. Shawn always says a good handshake gives a good first impression. "It's nice to finally see you in person and not through the phone."

"You're a lot taller than I thought you'd be, pal." My dad commented, making Shawn laugh lightly.

We all took a seat in the booth, having one of the baristas bring us a hot drink. She of course noticed Shawn and he gave her an autograph, took a photo with her and payed and gave her a tip for being so nice towards us.

Everyone had a general catch up and my parents acted as if they'd met Shawn so many times before and this was just a regular occasion of seeing him after a little while.

We stayed in the coffee shop for almost three hours before Shawn and I had to head back to our hotel room to start getting ready for his show tonight.

"Bye dad, was nice seeing you." I gave my dad a hug before moving to hug my mom as well. "Bye mom, thanks for coming today."

Shawn hugged my mom and shook my dad's hand before we started our way back to the hotel with John.

As soon as we entered the hotel room, the door was slammed closed behind us, bags and jackets were thrown on to the bed and my back was pressed up against the door with Shawn's lips already attacking my neck.

"Ready for round 2?" He whispered against the bruised skin.

"Always."